1.    #1  
    Is there a way to text message the entire phonebook? or even to select more then one person at a time? cause its so rediculous how they also list home numbers and work numbers for text, it should ONLY list Mobile which would make complete sense and be easier
    If you are talking about the Palm Messaging app I think it shares the same lookup code as the Today dial plugin lookup. That's why it lists all phone numbers. You can also use the Contacts lookup by selecting Menu-Add Recipient or hold the Action button (center dpad button) while in the To field and select Add Recipient.

For setting up a distribution list what you can do is create a new text message, use lookup to add the mobile numbers to send to (default limit is 20 recipients) then select Menu-Save to Drafts. Go to the Drafts folder and in the list of drafts click and hold on the message you just saved. A popup will appear. Select Copy to Saved. Now anytime you want to send to that distribution of users you select the Saved folder, click resend, add some text and click Send.

You can also add already sent messages to the Saved folder by clicking and holding on the message from the Sent folder and selecting Copy to Saved.

Edit: The registry setting that defines the max recipients is at:
    HKLM\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\SMS\MaxRecipients=20

Use your favorite registry editor to change it. I haven't tested larger values, but maybe someone else here has and can report if it works.
    Last edited by hannip; 12/14/2006 at 09:47 AM.
    If you're a Sprint customer why would you not want all the numbers to show up? You can send sms messages to landline phones. I'm not sure if Verizon has this feature or not.
    I thought the 10 or 20 limit was an actual carrier or SMS limitation, not one of the phone itself. Every phone I've ever had was limited to 10 recipients.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    If you're a Sprint customer why would you not want all the numbers to show up? You can send sms messages to landline phones. I'm not sure if Verizon has this feature or not.
    Verizon does offer this feature. BUT it is .25 a pop. Not worth it for me.

https://vtext.rsgo.net/vtext/txt2landline.jsp
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.