Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    How do you remove categories in your Treo 700w?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilim View Post
    How do you remove categories in your Treo 700w?
    good question
    Apparently the built in categories can't be removed. If you add categories by assigning contacts etc to it then as soon as all references to it are deleted the category is suppose to magically disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    good question
    LOL
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Apparently the built in categories can't be removed. If you add categories by assigning contacts etc to it then as soon as all references to it are deleted the category is suppose to magically disappear.
    Yep but we are now faced with the new non-removable Automotive category. The seasonal one has always been a problem.

I NEED to get rid of these...
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Ok, this is what I found out from another post and this seems to work.

- Uncheck the Category you want removed from EVERY item relating to it in your PPC.

- AFTER You have unselected the unwanted category in your PPC, Sync it with your PC Outlook.

- If that category is still showing in MS Outlook in your PC delete it.

- Resync your PC with your PPC and see if the unwanted category is gone.

IF you delete the unwanted category in your PC before unselecting them in your PPC you may have to start over from the beginning.

This worked for me in removing a category I no longer use and was time consuming.

I think the other and easiest way around it is using another PIM like Agenda Fusion, Pocket Informant or Agenda One so you can just remove the Category itself from your PPC.