Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey All,

So far I have loved the chattermail for my 680....It works great and I need it for my business, which I use my own email account for. I want a 750 as I get a great signal in my house with 3G and a poor signal with the 680....The email issue will be a deciding factor however if I go to the 750 when it comes out. Anything out there like chatter??? THANKS!
    I wish! Nothing that I know of.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    You can check out Flexmail but it has bugs and is slow. Another alternative is to go the hosted exchange route.
    vgsmail, its AWESOME!

http://www.vgsmail.com/ppc/
    Doesn't the 750, as with all Windows Mobile devices these days, come with Push email capacity?
    David
    I believe this only applies to exchange servers, it isn't available for an IMAP email server.

Quote Originally Posted by defii View Post
    Doesn't the 750, as with all Windows Mobile devices these days, come with Push email capacity?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I used vgsmail on my Axim x51v, worked fairly well, and was the closest thing to Chattermail I found... I haven't used it for several months so I'm sure it has improved substantially.
    Treo 600 --> Dell Axim x51v --> Copper 680
    This is my biggest frustration with my 750v. On my 650, I had Goodlink for company e-mail and Chattermail for personal connecting to an IMAP server and both ran well and were separate. Now, on the the 750v, I have Goodlink but I cant' seem to run either vgsmail or an exchange server for personal e-mail simultanously (both block GL communication). I don't need push. I just want to be able to sort my e-mail into folders and have that replicate back to the server. Pocket Outlook downloads fine but won;t replaicte back. Flexmail is too bulky. I wish I had an answer.
    I use 4smartphone. 4smartphone will push all your pop3 and imap acconts instantly. you can also sync your email folders, contacts, calendar events, and task. there a few different versions. vsgmail only does imap.

4smartphone also has a week or two free trial. I must worn you though, most people that have ran the 4smartphone trial have purchased long before the trial was up. the best app I have.

I will post a link from the 700wx forum about 4smartphone. good thread.
    here's the link to a good 4smartphone discussion.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ht=4smartphone

it's from the 700wx side of tc, but the two phones work the same.
    codyppc, when you use 4smartphone with multiple pop/imap accounts, can you reply/send-new emails from your PPC where the "From" address changes and appears to look like it was sent from those 'other' accounts? or does it all look like it was sent from the one 4smartphone account?

I hope I make sense.

thanks,
    Ix
    That's basically a hosted exchange. I need Goodlink too for company e-mail and both can't exist together apparantly. For hosted exchange, www.sherweb.com is pretty good too. Basically, I just want a IMAP client that replicates back to the server. Push would be nice but I can live with pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970 View Post
    codyppc, when you use 4smartphone with multiple pop/imap accounts, can you reply/send-new emails from your PPC where the "From" address changes and appears to look like it was sent from those 'other' accounts? or does it all look like it was sent from the one 4smartphone account?

I hope I make sense.

thanks,
    Ix
    Mail2web can do that with a 2.00/month plan. Well worth it IMO. BUT, you can only use one FROM address, you can't choose different email adresses every time. Example: Gmail is fwded to my mail2web account. I can reply from my gmail address. I CANNOT reply from my AOL address, because I set up my gmail as my return address. I can ONLY use gmail unless I reconfigure my mail2web settings.

Mail2web is basically just like 4smartphone. Its a free exchange service that also syncs your contacts, tasks, & calendar. You only have to pay if you use the service I just spoke about. I love it, Exchange-push is BY FAR the smartest and most efficient email service out there.
    This is the exact reason I am staying with the 680 instead of moving to the 750 when it is available. Chatter is just 100X better than any email client for the 750 and email is more important to me than faster internet speeds.
    I don't disagree with you but I think I like enough else about the 750v that I will stay with it. But, I sure do miss chatter. If I go back, it will be to the 650, not 680 though.
    Can someone please tell me why the 750 is better than the 680 (if you like Palm OS more than WM 5)? The ONLY feature I can think of is the high speed internet but the EDGE speed on the 680 is fast enough for what I use it for.

Without a program like Chatter, it seems that the 680 is in fact superior to the 750 for less than half the price! Someone convince be otherwise!
    750 very slightly lighter and smaller, much better quality detail (soft touch paint), high speed data (if you want to use as a wireless modem this is key), mini-SD versus SD (depends on your needs), and of course the OS difference. Which one is "better" depends on your needs. For me, I need high-speed data and I need bluetooth compatibility with my car. Unfortunately neither has both for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jwein84 View Post
    Can someone please tell me why the 750 is better than the 680 (if you like Palm OS more than WM 5)? The ONLY feature I can think of is the high speed internet but the EDGE speed on the 680 is fast enough for what I use it for.

Without a program like Chatter, it seems that the 680 is in fact superior to the 750 for less than half the price! Someone convince be otherwise!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84 View Post

vgsmail is just as good as chatter, and slingbox. And voice and data at the same time.

And "if you like palm os better than wm5" than keep the 680. DUHHHHHH
    The phone quality on the 750v is MUCH better than the 680 (which is better than the 650). It's as good rececption and audio quality as any Nokia (in my mind the best sound from a GSM phone) or Motorola (a close second).

I do agree with you about Chatter. But, one has to move on. I used Managing Your Money for years after Quicken was released but finally gave it up. I think I'll have to let go of Chatter in the same way. I hope that Mark writes something for WM (but it doesn't seem very likely.)
    I agree, the sound quality on the 750 on GSM is much much better than the 680 and blows it away on UMTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    The phone quality on the 750v is MUCH better than the 680 (which is better than the 650). It's as good rececption and audio quality as any Nokia (in my mind the best sound from a GSM phone) or Motorola (a close second).

I do agree with you about Chatter. But, one has to move on. I used Managing Your Money for years after Quicken was released but finally gave it up. I think I'll have to let go of Chatter in the same way. I hope that Mark writes something for WM (but it doesn't seem very likely.)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast