1.    #1  
    It's out and supports smartphones, which I'm translating to mean that it supports lower mhz cpus.

How smooth is the voice quality now on the 750?

Any way to send SMS? It's only 5 cents a message on skype internationally :>
    It appears the new Skype 2.2 only supports 240X320 screens, so maybe we have to wait...
    It installs fine and seems to run fine though i havent made any calls yet as i am not in a 3g area but i will test it tommorow and let you know

Chris
    Just tried it on a 700wx with a WiFi card. Used the lowCPU version. It sort of works but delays in receiving sound is too long (10-20 seconds) with my test. Not usable.

Anybody else?

PalmLover
    For those who need Skype, I posted the older 2.0 "low-CPU version" that was also compressed using UPX to make it much smaller (saves about 50% in space).

No installation either.

I even included a new shortcut that you can copy to your \Windows\Start Menu

Needless to say it works very well on my 700wx and there are no delays even when I'm using just EvDO (wifi would even be better) so I can't imagine a radical departure in performance on the 750s.

You'll have to register to see/download the files.

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/skype-on-the...ght,skype.html

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6.    #6  
    I can verify that the 2.2 low cpu version on the skype website doesn't even work on my 750 at all.
    I was able to make it work with version 2.2.0.18 thanks to the findings on the following thread: http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=151373
    Cingular 8125 with WM6 TNT WM 6.1
    Treo 750 with Official AT&T WM6
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmLover View Post
    Just tried it on a 700wx with a WiFi card. Used the lowCPU version. It sort of works but delays in receiving sound is too long (10-20 seconds) with my test. Not usable.

Anybody else?

PalmLover
    I had the same thing. Made a call to my mate today in Hong Kong and the sound was delayed so I ended up using IDD
    Treo 650 -> Nokia N91 (why?) -> Treo 750 unbranded

Finally on HSDPA - Theanks 3
    I've been using Skype 2.2 for a while now (2.2.018 to be specific) on my Sprint 700Wx and given the obvious latency of EVDO, it works fine and smooth.

Every few seconds, the other party sounds soft a bit with a little crackling but most definitely intelligible.

I was on a 45 minute call to my sister in the U.K (right after work and hours away from a PC) and it worked fine.

Now I did a little personal comparison. I installed XcpuScaler and have my 700Wx clocked at 416mhz (auto load) and noticed a some improvement in Skype performance. Battery usage wasn't out of the ordinary as well.

I assume that the 750 and 700Wx use different processors (Samsung 300mhz vs PXA270 312mhz) but might my results be relative to 750's as well?
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....