1.    #1  
    I cannot for the life of me work out a way to cut and paste into voicemail or email. I have tried keyboard shortcuts but it just doesn't work.

Also I can you set an individual rintone to a caller. I can set a video but not a ringtone it is bizarre.
    I never have cut/paste issues, so you'll have to be specific as to what you ARE doing and what you CAN'T do.

ringtones need to be in your /windows/rings folder. Then open up contacts, select a contact, hit edit, and there's a line for RINGTONE. Any mp3s/wmas in that folder will be available to select
    what key board short cuts are you using. for example, sometimes I can't paste into areas like weather panel, but control v works.
  4.    #4  
    After further messing about I have established that you can use ctrl + v but this is only from the on screen keyboard.

Is there any way to do using the phone's keyboard?
    yes - you have to first select the text via one of three ways:

scrape fingernail across the text

scrape stylus across the text

menu/Edit/Select All (this is what I mostly use, and I copy paste all the time, from Notes into emails).

Then once the text is selected, press and hold the Center of the 5-way. You'll see the Cut/Copy/Paste menu show up. Pick the one you want.

Then go to your email or whatever other app, and do the 5-way center press and hold again. You can paste away.

I do this probably 5 times a day in response to people I work with - I keep tons of standardized answers in the Notes (Memos back in the Palm OS days) and i copy/paste like a madman,

Go man go!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Alfie View Post
    After further messing about I have established that you can use ctrl + v but this is only from the on screen keyboard.

Is there any way to do using the phone's keyboard?
    since there is no "control" button on the external key, this is not possible without the on screen keypad.

altho, like the post above this one, if you play around with the "dpad press and hold" and the "menu/edit" it will give you more options for cut,copy,paste, and select all.

hope this helps, cody
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    since there is no "control" button on the external key, this is not possible without the on screen keypad.

altho, like the post above this one, if you play around with the "dpad press and hold" and the "menu/edit" it will give you more options for cut,copy,paste, and select all.

hope this helps, cody
    After highlighting text in e-mail, I hold down the center nav button and no menu comes up. Am i missing something?
    I think in that scenario, the text you've selected isn't 'active' - meaning, you can't act upon it. Try this - do a 'forward' of that message, and then select the text you want, then press/hold center nav (copy), then close that message (say 'no' to save to draft) and then go to wherever you want to paste it. Press/hold center nav and (paste).
    Quote Originally Posted by simplephone View Post
    After highlighting text in e-mail, I hold down the center nav button and no menu comes up. Am i missing something?
    No you aren't missing anything. But Microsoft did. They forgot to implement the popup there. You have to tap and hold to get the menu in that case.
    I wrote a MortScript CopyPaste script that might interest you. It allows you to use the keyboard to open the tap-and-hold context menu in email and any other app, plus a few other nice features such as paste to notes and sending ctrl-v, ctrl-c and ctrl-a keystrokes without using the software keyboard.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=31
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    No you aren't missing anything. But Microsoft did. They forgot to implement the popup there. You have to tap and hold to get the menu in that case.
    Thanks to both of you for the responses. Relieved to have some resolve on that. I will check out out that link Hannip.