1.    #1  
    For Verizon users, did everyone notice they just changed the NE2 agreement effective in February?

http://support.vzw.com/features/call...every_two.html

Now you only get $50 toward a new phone if your plan is between $34.99 and $79.98. You now have to spend $79.99 or more to get the $100 credit.

This really pisses me off. It's not enough that I pay $45/month for data - they must really need that extra $50 every two years to pay the bonus of some worthless executive. Now it is officially not worth it to sign a two year contract.

I think I am going to spend the next 13 months I have remaining on my contract convincing my family and friends to switch to Sprint.

Hey Verizon...when will enough be enough?!?
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    Now it is officially not worth it to sign a two year contract.
    I beg to differ: it has never been worth it to sign a two year contract. I always do one years.

And g'damn Verizon has been calling me (every three months, on the dot) to renew my plan for a 2 YEAR contract extension, by enticing me with a $50 dollar bonus towards the purchase of a phone
    The title of this thread is redundant. It's Verizon we're talking about.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Why is everyone complaining? Clearly you people haven't ever used Sprint, Nextel or Cingular...

In terms of coverage, hardware and customer service, Verizon is THE BEST. I've used, literally, ever major carrier: Sprint, Nextel, Sprint together with Nextel (the worst), Cingular, AT&T, AllTel... actually, I haven't used TMobile yet.

I'm MORE THAN WILLING to pay a few bucks for the vastly superior services Verizon provides: EVDO, 5 bars nearly everywhere...

Enjoy Sprint. Get used to dropped calls, no service and the industry worst in customer service. Hope saving that 10 bucks is worth it.

Andy

PS - No, I don't work for Verizon. I do, however, give credit where it's due.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rogers View Post
    Why is everyone complaining? Clearly you people haven't ever used Sprint, Nextel or Cingular...

In terms of coverage, hardware and customer service, Verizon is THE BEST. I've used, literally, ever major carrier: Sprint, Nextel, Sprint together with Nextel (the worst), Cingular, AT&T, AllTel... actually, I haven't used TMobile yet.

I'm MORE THAN WILLING to pay a few bucks for the vastly superior services Verizon provides: EVDO, 5 bars nearly everywhere...

Enjoy Sprint. Get used to dropped calls, no service and the industry worst in customer service. Hope saving that 10 bucks is worth it.

Andy

The real question is...where do you live? If you live in the SW I know Sprint is awful.

In Chicago I have several friends and associates that have Sprint and it is as good or better than Verizon. My boss has Sprint and his phone works in the elevator of our building! (and it's 700p).

If I lived in the boonies I would concede Verizon is the only choice. And yes, Cingular & T-mobile suck pretty much everywhere. But I don't think I would be compromising much here in Chicago with a switch to Sprint. My VZW signal is all over the place downtown, ranging from 1 bar 1x to 5 bars EVDO. The coverage is anything but powerful or even. And this is not even taking into account the $30/month savings on data.

But yes, I do agree with your contention that Verizon is the best across the country. And I really didn't want to start yet ANOTHER carrier war thread. It was more just to point out to VZW users what VZW didn't exactly go out of their way to advertise or inform.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    The real question is...where do you live? If you live in the SW I know Sprint is awful.

In Chicago I have several friends and associates that have Sprint and it is as good or better than Verizon. My boss has Sprint and his phone works in the elevator of our building! (and it's 700p).

If I lived in the boonies I would concede Verizon is the only choice. And yes, Cingular & T-mobile suck pretty much everywhere. But I don't think I would be compromising much here in Chicago with a switch to Sprint. My VZW signal is all over the place downtown, ranging from 1 bar 1x to 5 bars EVDO. The coverage is anything but powerful or even. And this is not even taking into account the $30/month savings on data.

But yes, I do agree with your contention that Verizon is the best across the country. And I really didn't want to start yet ANOTHER carrier war thread. It was more just to point out to VZW users what VZW didn't exactly go out of their way to advertise or inform.
    I didn't want to start a carrier war either. I live in the DC area and Verizon is truly the ONLY option here. In fact, Verizon has repeaters in some of the underground subway tunnels so most times, underground, Verizon has a signal. I'm definitely not an authority on the Chicago areas.

That being said, hands down, I've had better experience with Verizon's customer service than Sprint. I'd be willing to bet this is constant nationwide. EVERY TIME I talked to a Sprint rep (and Nextel since the merger), they just seem to want to get you off the phone rather than fix your problem, knowing that the next time you call with the same problem, you'll be talking to someone else.

I guess, for the most part, my reaction was to the forum at large - it seems every time I log on there's another complaint thread. Carriers, text messaging, memory, lack of programs compatible with the screen, lack of free programs, the list goes on and on. I didn't mean to attack you personally, at all - I just get tired of the fact that people complain that their 700p needs to be soft reset 3 times a month and the monopoly program they just downloaded actually requires registration.
    Change to Sprint, they'll give you a good deal on phone + plan.

Andy

He is complaining because ANY carrier should offer more than a mere $50 towards a new handset after 2 years of loyalty. This has nothing to do with the sigbal strength and coverage of one particular carrier. Also, Verizon does not provide EDVO service everywhere. In fact, Sprint has Power Vision services in more places than Verizon has VCast services. Every service has dropped calls. You can voice your opinion on Sprint's various services, but please do not claim it to be the overall standard of that service. For every gripe and complaint you have, another customer will sing the praises.

Also, the OP would be saving a lot more than $10. Sprint offers $150 towards the purcahse of a new handset after 18 months. 18 months, not 2 years.

Zach

PS - No, I don't work for Sprint. I do, however, give credit where it's due.
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
    He is complaining because ANY carrier should offer more than a mere $50 towards a new handset after 2 years of loyalty. This has nothing to do with the sigbal strength and coverage of one particular carrier. Also, Verizon does not provide EDVO service everywhere. In fact, Sprint has Power Vision services in more places than Verizon has VCast services. Every service has dropped calls. You can voice your opinion on Sprint's various services, but please do not claim it to be the overall standard of that service. For every gripe and complaint you have, another customer will sing the praises.

Also, the OP would be saving a lot more than $10. Sprint offers $150 towards the purcahse of a new handset after 18 months. 18 months, not 2 years.

Zach

PS - No, I don't work for Sprint. I do, however, give credit where it's due.
    Fair enough - but after two years (at a minimum) of loyalty we should get WAY more - from any carrier. I think service contracts are ridiculous particularly when a carrier doesn't uphold it's end of the bargain... you know, that whole pesky "provide service" thing.

The OP is from Chicago - there is great verizon service and EVDO there (at least at/around the airport) - that issue is really moot.

And I'm not the only one down on Sprint/Nextel's services - do a google search. GENERALLY speaking, people seem less happy with Sprint than Verizon.

FWIW, I'd rather get a $50 credit after two years of great service than $150 after 18 mos. of awful service.
    For every horrid complaint about Sprint, i've heard about as much for VZW. A carrier works best where YOU need it to work.

Why don't we just stick to the original point.

If all one gets is $50 after a 2yr contract, that's not customer appreciation, in any language.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    just wondering if you could concider this change in contract terms to get out without paying the termination fee. I know I would change to Sprint in a heartbeat if I didn't have to pay the early termination fee
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Dropped calls, yes. Many, no. I save about $75.00 per month (with more minutes and unlimited data, 6pm nights, etc) with Sprint and get to roam on Verizon's network when there isn't a Sprint signal. I dropped just as many calls with Verizon with 6 different phones. Now we can Data roam and that makes Sprint even more enticing. If I have a problem with customer service I just call the retention department. They always rectify a problem (which rarely happen). I have never interacted with nicer people.

Verizon is fine also but the prices are a little high... Their changing of the new phone deal doesn't surprise me.
    Hmm. I live in the DC area, and I have both Verizon service and sprint service.

I would be a lie for me to say that VZWs coverage is much better than Sprints. They are pretty even around the city.

now as you travel farther away from civilization VZW starts to pull ahead.

While I have yet to deal with Sprint CS really, I have been very disappointed with VZW, It took me 5 phone calls to get them to settle a contract dispute, every time they said they fixed it, and everytime they sent me a contract for 2 years instead of 1.

and dont get me started on VZW pricing. and dont sleep on the fact theat sprint users can roam on VZWs network, so i can still make calls on the metro.