1.    #1  
    I just bought the Treo 700w from Verizon today. It really sucks. It is seriously flawed, but I saved $50 by buying the Windows Mobile version.

My question is: Does anyone know how I can "format" (or, at the least, remove Windows Mobile from) my Treo and install the Palm OS--the same Palm OS that's on the 700p? There's got to be a way since the W and P hardware are identical.
    Instead of going thru all that hassle even if it can be done, why not trade it in if it is not over the 15 day period for the 700P?
    I love mine, posting from it right now sitting on my porch.
    No. Cannot be done.

Sorry, but there's no way, they are totally different, and even if you could convince rickety Palm OS to play nicely with the 700w hardware it would not be a great experience. I don't think they even use the same memory; does winmob use NVFS??? Point is, don't think it would work, not to mention the fact that there's NO legal way to obtain a copy of the Palm OS for a treo without seriously breaking some EULAs.

Take it back or sell it and get the 700p if that's what you want.
    Different LCD too. Trade it in for Christ's sake.
    That's too bad. I switched from Palm and of course you have a new learning curve to get over, but now that I know. I'll NEVER go back.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    just curious what "really" sucks about it? Is it the typical I'm palm guy and WM5 is horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    That's too bad. I switched from Palm and of course you have a new learning curve to get over, but now that I know. I'll NEVER go back.
    agree completely. I doubt I'll ever own another POS device and I've used them back to the pilot.