Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Thank you, Palm for increasing the memory to 128 MB. The previous iteration (700w) was so deprived of memory that I could not install many of my favorite programs and had to be very jealous of the limited real estate. But, it still doesn’t begin to compare with other Pocket PCs that offer 256 MB flash ROM.
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1014-1.htm

This line from the TreoCentral front page article just does not make sense. The Treo 700wx has exactly the same amount of flash storage as the 700w. The RAM has been increased, but this has nothing to do with installing programs.

Surur
    Yeah most people just don't get it, but I blame PALM for that.

According to Palm's side-by-side comparisons:

MEMORY Treo700w 128MB (60MB available for user storage)
    Treo700wx 128MB (60MB available for user storage)

No mention of RAM at all. On that site they look EXACTLY the same, to this day. Unbelievable.
    I agree. you've allways been able to install. you just couldn't run em all. lol.

who wrote this?
    The whole screen res thing in the article seemed off too...very uncharacteristic of a TC article...wasn't sure what site I was on for a second
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #5  
    Hopefully it can be fixed in the article. PalmAddict is already quoting that specific paragraph.

Surur
    in the last paragraph in the conclusion it talks about a 700v. wow, I woulder what the 700v is going to be like? lol.
    This is my favorite part of the article:

While CDMA EVDO and backwards compatible 1xRTT are good if you live in the limited markets in the United States where this service is available, it is unlimited. I think it DROOLS that Palm does not offer us a DSM unlocked phone.
    First of all, the 700wx is not meant to be a world phone, it's meant to be used in the US.

Secondly, what the heck is "DSM"? I'm quite sure he meant GSM.

Third, there's no such thing as an unlocked GSM (or DSM if you prefer) 700wx and there won't be because the 700 series run on CDMA/EvDO/1xRTT. If you want an unlocked GSM 3G Treo, then you wait for the unlocked 750 to come out.

Overall, the drools section of the article isn't very good. The author seems to have a problem with the fact that the 700wx isn't similar to a Dell Axim. If you want a large VGA screen, wifi, faster processor, and all the other goodies, why get a 700wx in the first place? I don't think most ofhis complaints are valid at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post

Overall, the drools section of the article isn't very good. The author seems to have a problem with the fact that the 700wx isn't similar to a Dell Axim. If you want a large VGA screen, wifi, faster processor, and all the other goodies, why get a 700wx in the first place? I don't think most ofhis complaints are valid at all.
    I agree. and what's with him doing all this drooling. he says that he has all these fancy unlocked ppc, but ends up saying he has made the 700wx his priority phone and retired his "SMARTPHONE". he used a smartphone and did all this drooling?
    I think the guy who wrote this is a complete ***** and he should've atleast played with the phone before writting this review instead he probally read some of these forums looked at the specs and wrote down all the bad things but what he failed to mention in his article is all the great things about this device. I know for me it has changed and re-organized my life to a degree of course. Shame on the writter.
    does anyone know who wrote it?

what's it take these days to get an article on the front page of TC?
    I agree, the article is very disappointing.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  12. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    This is funny... I logged in just now only to comment on how bad the article was and figured I would find a thread by searching for "drools." What a dumb, dumb article... I think the only thing that's worse than the content is the presentation. What RULES and DROOLS? I guess we can expect to have high school kids using the Treo now that the 680 is out, but they have no place in extra large type on the TC front page.
    OS preferences aside, I thought the article was complete trash. It was bad in every aspect, from grammar to facts to attitude.

I hope this isn't a sign of what Treocentral is coming to. If so, it will time to move on.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I fixed that error in the article, Surur, thanks for pointing it out. As for the article's quality, we had a pretty rough day yesterday and there wasn't a lot of time for editing. apologies all around. You can direct specific questions to the author, Tim Hillebrand
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    regarding ring tones on the storage card.

Clearly this person knows very little about the Treo 700w/wx
  16. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Still says DSM... maybe thems are the fancy new CDMA SIM card doohickeys... or maybe not
  17. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    And before you can complain about an unlocked GSM version of the 700wx not being available, you need to complain about any GSM version of the 700wx being available. But wait, there's already the GSM 750v, so what's the point? Yeah, there was none...
    Quote Originally Posted by aph View Post
    Still says DSM... maybe thems are the fancy new CDMA SIM card doohickeys... or maybe not
    d'oh!
  19. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    d'oh!
    While I'm being a total *****, let's take a look at that whole sentence:

While CDMA EVDO and backwards compatible 1xRTT are good if you live in the limited markets in the United States where this service is available, it is unlimited. I think it DROOLS that Palm does not offer us a GSM unlocked phone.
    So he's saying, although data is good if you live in an available market, it's unlimited. Wait, what? And what market doesn't support 1xRTT? Then, he's got a period and a new sentence. More caps, and something about GSM? Is he talking about GPRS, or did he mess up the pagraph break here? Will we ever know?
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    what's it take these days to get an article on the front page of TC?
    That is the real question.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast