1.    #1  
    I'm not quite sure why it took me this long to ask, as I've already installed numerous programs, but oh well.

Does it matter if you install programs to the main memory or SD card? I thought I remembered hearing someone say that some programs wouldn't function properly if they were installed to an SD card.
    You read correct.

I only put games on the card. Everything else device
    I install games, media/music players, backup program, windows live and misc utility programs on the sd card. Everything else on the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I install games, media/music players, backup program, windows live and misc utility programs on the sd card. Everything else on the device.
    Which backup program do you use?
    thanks
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    if your a sprint user you can get sprite backup free from the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by remlle View Post
    if your a sprint user you can get sprite backup free from the site.
    Which site are you referring to? I checked the Sprite software site and did not see anything about it being free to Sprint customers...
    Everything goes on my card except today plugins, small frequently used utilities, anything that the developer specifically advise installing to the device, and anything that must be available if the card is removed.

The programs which reside on my device include my email sync program (SEVEN), Skype, Slingplayer, Total Commander, MemMaid, PdaNet, Wisbar Lite, XCPUScalar. Everything else is installed on my card.
    Sprite Backup comes on the Sprint CD that comes with the 700wx.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    It really depends on the program.

Many times the developer will include a message with the install instructions advising you whether it's okay to install to the card or not.

Generally anything that's a plug-in for the today screen should be installed into main memory. I put all games on my card and other smaller apps. Larger ones like Sling Player I put in main memory.