1.    #1  
    Not sure if this was answered yet? I was wondering wheter or not the treo 700W Windows Smartphone can initiate voice commands/dialing via a bluetooth headset. Everything I am reading has said this is not possible. Are there any third party apps that could provide this functionality? If it is possible, which models/software support this feature?

Thanks!~
    In short, what you have read is correct. I DOES NOT do it.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Moncha, someone told me the 700 p may do it, does it work on that model either?
    Only the 750 can
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Only the 750 can
    No it cannot, unless you use BT stereo headphones
    Why doesn't palm include this feature in their phones you would think that if you paid retail price on the 700w (600 bones) it would have this feature. Does Palm even read these forums my guess is that they do since they offer great customer feedback. The problem is why don't they act on this feedback that we all provide Palm with, in the last few years since the 650 model palm has had a lot of oppertunity to include bluetooth not just for voice command but also bt stereo headset support. To sum it all up its still a great phone but just give us customers what we want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    No it cannot, unless you use BT stereo headphones
    Really? I thought based on bcaslis's comments in one thread that you could...do BT stereo headphones have a mic?

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Really? I thought based on bcaslis's comments in one thread that you could...do BT stereo headphones have a mic?
    Yeah, in case the phone rings when listening to music. If you upgrade to VC1.6, it will start the voice command program, but you still have to speak into the phone's mic. Worthless.
    Your right Little Pat whats the point of vc if you can't use it through Bt Check out this Ms link http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...d/default.mspx it says it all under the Treo section.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Yeah, in case the phone rings when listening to music. If you upgrade to VC1.6, it will start the voice command program, but you still have to speak into the phone's mic. Worthless.
    Littlepat,

I checked with bcaslis in this thread and he confirmed voice dialing worked with his Jabra JX-10 on the 750

I wouldn't have ordered a 750 if it didn't have bt voice dialing. It is built in. You don't need VC 1.6. Palm wrote a BAG extension that handles the VC initiation and VC 1.5 comes with the rom.
    Well I know I can't get it to work. Maybe I'll try a hard reset and use VC 1.5, see if that works. But pressing my BT button does not listen in my ear. I dunno.

EDIT: I have hard reset the device, and VC over BT DOES work. Must've had a conflict when I tried installing Cyberon, I dunno. I will also try later with 1.6 and see if I can still initiate VC with BT.
    Last edited by Pattycerts; 12/19/2006 at 01:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I wouldn't have ordered a 750 if it didn't have bt voice dialing. It is built in. You don't need VC 1.6. Palm wrote a BAG extension that handles the VC initiation and VC 1.5 comes with the rom.
    You ordered a 750? Welcome aboard!