Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I know they make 2.5 to 3.5 adapters that have a mic built in for calls. If you use that you can keep using your good headphones for music. I personally use an A2DP dongle/headphone pair that can do both music and calls.
    I was using a LG BT Stereo Headset before I replaced my LG enV with my Treo 700w.
    I gave it to my wife because soemhow the 700w is not bale to use BT VC and Stereo Headphones
    (Made me look good for her though lol.)
    Here is the adapter I was talking about.

http://store.treocentral.com/content...73-75--479.htm
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Here is the adapter I was talking about.

http://store.treocentral.com/content...73-75--479.htm
    Ahh ya, I have read about that.
    I heard its not that great because:
    - Retractable thing is fragile and breaks easy.
    - You will have to tie up alot of cord as it will be attached at the end of your headset.

I posted in the other thread that I was using the h.earô Sports HeadphonesspacerMDR-J11G.
    It sounds great on the 700w.
    But I think I will use a Hybrid headset like the Palm 2-in-1 so I do not have the extra long cord to drag around.

Thanks again.

I think I have made up my mind to get PocketPlayer for to play music with my 700w while driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilim View Post
    I do my Playlist from my PC with Manual Sync NOT Auto Sync.
    Everyime I sync from PC to my Treo 700w, it does not UPLOAD a .asx Playlist file.
    It ONLY uploads the songs in the Playlist.

I did find a 3rd party app that makes a .asx Playlist file that the WMP for my Treo 700w can use after some digging.
    I found it here and it is able to make a playlist useable for WMP: http://www.cs.pitt.edu/~jmisurda/ppc...laylist_ed.htm

I am just not sure how you are able to make your playlist.

Please give me a step-by-step way of doing it then w/o a 3rd party up like you are saying.
    this program works very well!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy View Post
    this program works very well!
    Ya I played with that prog a bit and it does work, but PocketPlayer makes it easier to use and is much better than WMP.

So i think I will buy PocketPlayer later tonite when I get to work

I just ordered the Palm 2-in-1 stereo headset from JR.com for $29.99 + 2nd day shipping also

I also bought the Smartphone Experts F7 Flip Case for Treo 700 for Treo 700w from the store here as well.
    Guess giving myself early Xmas presents
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Gah, I must be having Bad Luck

I just DLed the latest PocketPlayer and somehow it is not as smooth as I used it last
    Theres seems to be soem load time between me going thru the Playlist/Library screen and back to main screen.
    Not sure If I was doing something wrong or I need to find a different replacement for WMP
    hmm, maybe you changed a setting somewhere? I assume you are talking about Browsing the playlist and hitting OK to get back to the player skin. How long is it taking? Takes me about 1 second to switch back even while playing. The menu's are otherwise sluggish while music is playing which is a little annoying.

What version is listed for the one you just downloaded. I downloaded mine a couple days ago. It's 3.01.
    Last edited by hannip; 12/14/2006 at 05:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I have v3.01.
    I think it is the building up the Library list that takes a sec to make.
    I guess I wanted it to work as fast as WMP but WMP has alot less features.

Found in the PocketPlayer forums that the Library load issue is known and should be fixed in the next upgrade.
    So I guess I will play with PP until my Trial is out and see from there.

Maybe my 700w was just acting out as I redled PocketInformant and it seems to be working a tad faster than I had it last time.
  9. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Does Pocket Player have a today plug-in?
    I don't think there is a today plugin. It has a notification popup with play controls from the today screen however.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12