Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
  1.    #1  
    I found a few threads referencing this, but no definitive answer yet. When I get a new email on my 700wx via Exchange push, my LED flashes, an icon of an envelope appears to the right of the start button and my left softkey states "Notification". Sometimes (often), it even turns the screen on, but not always.

    In the "Sounds and Notifications" control panel app, I have turned off all notifications for new email. I use PhoneAlarm 1.56.1 (build 80) and have it set to only blink the LED when I get a new message. I also setup phonealarm to not activate the backlight on an alarm, even though it sometimes gets ignored.

    Has anyone figured out how to disable the left softkey from displaying "Notification" when a new email arrives? Any ideas why my backlight still comes on even though I have it set not to in PhoneAlarm?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  2.    #2  
    Update: I found that there is a new version of PhoneAlarm (1.57) which allowed me to do a workaround for the backlight issue. I turned off the repeat notifications for email alerts, so the screen does not light up if I don't immediately check the email when it comes in.

    I still would like to get rid of the "Notification" text on the left softkey.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3. #3  
    I would love to get rid of this. I have been thinking about this for a while and never searched. Looks like you've been thinking about this too. Have you found a workaround yet? Has anyone?
    END OF LINE
  4. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    I would love to get rid of this. I have been thinking about this for a while and never searched. Looks like you've been thinking about this too. Have you found a workaround yet? Has anyone?
    Phonealarm
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  5. #5  
    But even with that, as stroths pointed out, the issue is the left softkey still popping up the notification window. Does PA fix that too?
    END OF LINE
  6. #6  
    I believe that is part of the "palm customization" program that cannot be removed, just appendixed. So, basically, not gonna happen. Palm OWNS the left softkey, you can only add to it.
  7. #7  
    I would ordinarily think that, but it's like that on my 6700 as well, and other devices I've seen.
    END OF LINE
  8. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #8  
    The text "Notification" appears above the left button...no pop up appears..I have that disabled through PA.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  9. #9  
    No, I understand - the same thing happens with mine, and I'm not running PA. But, I don't want it to say "notification" at all - I am handling that stuff through Spb Mobile Shell now, and it's redundant. It has to be some kind of registry change, but I have not been able to find it.

    I would prefer to have that button dedicated to Palm SMS...
    END OF LINE
  10. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    No, I understand - the same thing happens with mine, and I'm not running PA. But, I don't want it to say "notification" at all - I am handling that stuff through Spb Mobile Shell now, and it's redundant. It has to be some kind of registry change, but I have not been able to find it.

    I would prefer to have that button dedicated to Palm SMS...
    Gotch-ya. I agree about the redundancy. Would be a nice feature to have.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  11. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #11  
    See if this works for you

    vijaytoggletoday

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=111738
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  12. #12  
    robdam - VERY cool... Man, VJ is so rad. I'm going to try it out shortly. Thanks, man. I don't know how I feel about those bars completely missing, but I'm going to see if I like it anyway...
    END OF LINE
  13. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    robdam - VERY cool... Man, VJ is so rad. I'm going to try it out shortly. Thanks, man. I don't know how I feel about those bars completely missing, but I'm going to see if I like it anyway...
    I tried it and I didn't like it....but that was before I started using PA so I may try it out again. MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE TRYING THIS OUT.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  14. #14  
    I am pretty sure the reg entry is here:

    HKLM\System\State\Shell\Notifications
    and
    HKLM\System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active

    When a new email is present you'll see an entry in both places I believe for that notification...you could probably use Mortscript to check for that every so often and delete them.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  15. #15  
    Actually, those links to the app aren't working anymore. On the XDA page, all I saw was a link to the initial alpha - was that the only one there was? I couldn't get any of the links to download... any other place I can find it?

    scottymomo - thanks for the heads-up... I'll be looking at this... but is one for the top bar and one for the bottom? And if so, do you know which is which?
    END OF LINE
  16. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Actually, those links to the app aren't working anymore. On the XDA page, all I saw was a link to the initial alpha - was that the only one there was? I couldn't get any of the links to download... any other place I can find it?

    scottymomo - thanks for the heads-up... I'll be looking at this... but is one for the top bar and one for the bottom? And if so, do you know which is which?
    PM me with your email addy and I'll send it to you.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  17. #18  
    Thanks, man - got it.
    END OF LINE
  18. #19  
    I believe it is for the bottom bar only but not sure...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  19. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    I believe it is for the bottom bar only but not sure...
    Isn't that what the OP requested?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions