Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Thanks, man - got it.
    Let us know how you like it...post a SS.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Backing up first...

Ok... I like it. It's a little strange... I don't really like how I get to see the today screen behind applications when other windows are open, and I think it's going to bother me that I can't see my signal strength or stuff like that in the top. Did someone say you could just get the bottom to drop out, and keep the top one? I don't remember... I've been trying to do three different things at once tonight... this being one.

Well, here it is with my Pocket Plus tab open.

I'm playing around with the sizes in the registry... I'll report back later. Although, at least in the short term, this may be what I'm looking for.
    Last edited by Alienwhere; 03/15/2007 at 07:43 PM.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I'm with stroths when it comes to that notification annoyance everytime a push e-mail comes in, so good thread.

Those trying solutions, do you have your device set up mainly for one-handed operation or do you typically use the stylus?

And stroths, have you noticed you only get the envelop and left soft-key notification for messages that go into your main folder? I've never gotten any sort of notification (audible or visual) for sub-folders. I just assumed that since the last few versions of Outlook (corporate) behave the same way, it's just some idiosyncrasy from MS we have to live with...
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Add Phonealarm in there for sig strength, mem, battery life, etc
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Got it better. Edited the reg to keep the top bar, leave the bottom at 1px (to avoid a software conflict noted in the original thread)... I got my functionality, and my top bar! I mean, by now, I think I ought to know what my two softkeys do, right?

rob - you rock, dude! Thanks for the tip!

This way, even if that annoying notification comes up, I don't have to look at it. And I can still see the little icon on top if need be. Nicey nice.

Until I start screwing with something else...
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Looks great AW, nice job! You may have given me the courage to try it out again.

"Until I start screwing with something else" ROFL!!!!!!
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Rob - FYI... answering a call blows the whole thing apart. I got my bottom bar stuck here now.

Making a call doesn't seem to be a problem, but answering a call brings up the softkeys, and then after the call, they stick around...

So if we can figure out how to disable the softkeys on a call in... I know, it's getting out of hand... but it's always something, right?

I gotta ditch it, unless we think of something. Totally hosed the call controls.
    Last edited by Alienwhere; 03/15/2007 at 09:04 PM.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Rob - FYI... answering a call blows the whole thing apart. I got my bottom bar stuck here now.

Making a call doesn't seem to be a problem, but answering a call brings up the softkeys, and then after the call, they stick around...

So if we can figure out how to disable the softkeys on a call in... I know, it's getting out of hand... but it's always something, right?
    wow weird
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to let it go for now. I tried a bunch of different things, and though I really like the way it made the screen look, I can't have softkey lockup after I answer a call. What good is that?

I still want to figure this out. Whether I get rid of the bottom bar and hide the notification, or we figure out how to edit the reg to remove the notification in the first place... I gotta figure something out. It's a little bothersome...
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    I am pretty sure the reg entry is here:

HKLM\System\State\Shell\Notifications
    and
    HKLM\System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active

When a new email is present you'll see an entry in both places I believe for that notification...you could probably use Mortscript to check for that every so often and delete them.
    '
    So Scotty...

What exactly would we change in these registry settings?
  11.    #31  
    I tried that app last year, but I didn't like how it worked when calls came in. If the bar would stay hidden, even after a call, I would have stuck with it.

@mixman

You are only supposed to get notifications for emails that go directly to your Inbox. Mail that goes to a different folder doesn't give any notification.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Totally agree. I was loving it until I got a call last night. Very sad.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    You are only supposed to get notifications for emails that go directly to your Inbox. Mail that goes to a different folder doesn't give any notification.
    I figured as much when I first switched to WM. It behaves like recent versions of Outlook (although older versions of Outlook did provided notification for sub-folders...a feature I miss).
    I am pretty sure the reg entry is here:

HKLM\System\State\Shell\Notifications
    and
    HKLM\System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active

When a new email is present you'll see an entry in both places I believe for that notification...you could probably use MortScript to check for that every so often and delete them.

I think this is the right approach. Something like the following will work, I think. At this point you should probably head on over to the MortScript discussions for implementation - it should be really simple. The following code is completely untested but ought to work. It simply checks for the registry keys that appear when there is a notification and deletes them. This should kill all notifications. It may or may not kill the top line as well, though, I can't say.

Good luck!!

Code:
    #Read current battery backlight "off" value and reset to 5 mins
    While(1)
         x = RegKeyExists("HKLM", "System\State\Active", "CLSID" )
         If (x)
              RegDelete("HKLM", "System\State\Active", "CLSID" )
         EndIF
         x = RegKeyExists("HKLM", "System\State\Active", "ID" )
         If (x)
              RegDelete("HKLM", "System\State\Active", "ID" )
         EndIf
         Sleep(1000)
    EndWhile
    Last edited by westronic; 03/16/2007 at 12:34 PM.
    That'll wipe out any and all notifications..which might be what you want, might not be

You need to take a look at the entries in that part of the registry before a new email comes in and once a new email comes in. When a new email comes in, you'll probably see the new CLSID entry appear. You can note down which one it is and use a modified version of westronic's code above to delete it if you only want to get rid of Email notifications..
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    does anyone have a fix for this? it's annoying to me too.
    That'll wipe out any and all notifications..which might be what you want, might not be

You need to take a look at the entries in that part of the registry before a new email comes in and once a new email comes in. When a new email comes in, you'll probably see the new CLSID entry appear. You can note down which one it is and use a modified version of westronic's code above to delete it if you only want to get rid of Email notifications..
    Actually, the ID value seems to be unique for each type of notification, but I am not completely certain.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12