1.    #1  
    I am getting a 700wx from Sprint with Power Vision service. I plan on using it to connect to our corporate Exchange 2003 server using Exchange ActiveSync. I was looking at Sprint's Business Connect which talks about connecting to Exchange and Lotus servers, but it requires additional software to work and costs 15.00 a month. Is PowerVision all I need to run Exchange ActiveSync, or will I get any suprise fees on my bill from Sprint?
    The 700wx should be capable of doing push email and working with Exchange 2003 out of tthe box, without any additional apps. If you use push email and real-time sync, you should definitely have an unlimited data plan though ...

Quote Originally Posted by llars View Post
    I am getting a 700wx from Sprint with Power Vision service. I plan on using it to connect to our corporate Exchange 2003 server using Exchange ActiveSync. I was looking at Sprint's Business Connect which talks about connecting to Exchange and Lotus servers, but it requires additional software to work and costs 15.00 a month. Is PowerVision all I need to run Exchange ActiveSync, or will I get any suprise fees on my bill from Sprint?
  3.    #3  
    Power Vision does provide unlimited interet on the device. I am just concerned about getting charged for business connection.
    Sorry - not sure what the 'business connection' piece is with Sprint then ...

Quote Originally Posted by llars View Post
    Power Vision does provide unlimited interet on the device. I am just concerned about getting charged for business connection.
    There is no cellular "business connection". If you have full internet on the device... you will have no problems getting Exchange to push emails wirelessly to the device.

This is assuming of course that your Exchange Administrator allows this and has everything set up properly on the server side.
    Here are the requirements:

On the Exchange Server:
    - must be Exchange 2003
    - must have Service Pack 2 installed
    - Must support Outlook Web Access (OWA)

Then on your device, you put these things in the Active Sync app:

Launch the Active Sync app on the device - Start/Programs/Active Sync.

Hit the menu button and select 'Configure Server'. Then enter the following:

First screen:

Server Address: (put in the URL for your company's OWA address - something like 'company.owa.com' or similar)

(do I check the SSL box?) YES

Next screen:

User Name: (Your Windows NT User Name, just like you use on your laptop)

Password: Your Windows NT password

Domain: Your Windows Domain

(do I check 'Save Password' - ?) Yes, unless you want to enter each time you check mail

Do I need to do anything under the advanced tab? NO, don't go there, leave the defaults.

You can go into the next screen and modify the various settings for Email syncing, calendar, etc, if you wish.

and that is IT. That's all you need. It's awesome and the future of our world.
    How does SSL work on the device if you don't have SSL running on the OWA server?

I have a personal exchange server I set up for my wife's treo. I dont have SSL on there since its just her mailbox (and mine).
    SSL has to be on the server (you have to have a self-issued or purchased SSL cert.) if you're going to try to use it on a device ...
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickj View Post
    SSL has to be on the server (you have to have a self-issued or purchased SSL cert.) if you're going to try to use it on a device ...

Well for the production server... i have a purchased SSL certificate on there. But for my own personal server... i am not going to buy anything.

Is there any way to generate a free one so i can enable SSL on the devices?
    Check out this article as it mentions a free SSL cert company as well as a link to create your own. I would personally suggest buying one from godaddy for $20 yr. It can be a frustrating experience setting up your own self-issues cert or the free one. I had a lot better luck with the godaddy one.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    $20 a year is reasonable. Might have to look into that.
    I've had good experiences with Godaddy certs also ....
    How can I determine what my domain name is for the Exchange settings?
    It is usually the same as your domain name when you log into your company network (assuming this is corporate account) ...

Quote Originally Posted by sixpanel View Post
    How can I determine what my domain name is for the Exchange settings?