Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Anyone who has the AIM UK version installed on there treo, do you notice how it places the start bar on the bottom... but it also inserts a volume icon that lets u click and turn all sound off (moves both bars down) is there a registry hack that will enable that feature so it appears on top next to the time and battery?
    I would love that feature on the Treo.
    Palm replaced the standard WM5 task bar volume control and replaced it with the battery meter. I guess if you didn't want the battery meter you could hack the registry to not load it and maybe the volume control would appear there.

I found this other tray volume control at xda. You need to login to see the download.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=260213
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I wonder if you can decompile the aim version to see where its getting that icon from?
    They put the little switch on the top, thereby leaving real estate on the top bar for the battery meter. Moving the switch over creates the same result, and the volume buttons on the side produce the other results. One of the best customizations Palm made IMO. I hated having to use the stylus just to put the phone on vibrate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    They put the little switch on the top, thereby leaving real estate on the top bar for the battery meter. Moving the switch over creates the same result, and the volume buttons on the side produce the other results. One of the best customizations Palm made IMO. I hated having to use the stylus just to put the phone on vibrate.
    Oh wow. The predecessors to the 700 didn't have that little slide volume button? I am only familiar with the 700 since it is my first one. I just love that little slide volume button.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    BUMP. I would also love to be able to see the volume icon on the top bar, instead of the battery/charge icon. (I use iLauncher for the little jagged line across the very top instead.)

I wasn't using AOL, but rather playing around with MemMaid and SKTools cleaning, when I accidentally caused it to reappear on my 700Wx.

After a soft-reset it vanished again, but this shows that it can be displayed.

Any ideas how?
    Attached Images Attached Images