1.    #1  
    I bought this after having treo 700p for a long while and of course I am very foriegn to many things on here....i thought i read somewhere that the inability to send text to other carriers was fixed, was this something i need to do cause i figured on the new one i bought it would be fixed but dont think it is ....ill post my questions please answer thanks
    1. sending text messages to other carriers?
    2. how many recipients can recieve a text msg at once? (on 700P was 10, on 650 it was over 50)
    3. Can i somehow hotsync or carry over not only all my contacts from 700p to 700wx but also the birthdays AIM sns n everyhting else stored besides name and number?
    4. like other WM devices does WX have a speed dial feature where u can have over 100 speeddials?
    5. Can you listen to music through bluetooth? (if NOT how come you can on 6700 its also WM)
    6. Can you do and listen to voice command using bluetooth? (if NOT how come you can on 6700 its also WM)
    7. is there an error log code on WX like for P its ##377#?
    8. How can you setup push email on this phone?
    9. How can I figure out exactly what all the voice commands are that I can get the phone to do? Do they work through bluetooth?
    10. Is it normal that once the phone goes auto shutoff the bluetooth doesnt always reconnect?
    11. Does the 700p and 700wx have the same amount of memory?
    12. How come thru the 6700 my cousin can listen to live stremaing radio but when i go on the site and click on any station it gives an error?
    13. What programs are there I can dowload free for the 700wx such as AIM, google maps?
    14. Is there a way to view contacts by catagory? (on the 700P you can make your own catagories as you can on 700wx however i have not found a way to view catagory specefic? I have 500 numbers its difficult)
    I would like to help but have never owned a WX. What made you switch to WInblows?
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    I would like to help but have never owned a WX. What made you switch to WInblows?
    What's wrong with WM5?
    Have you performed your search duties before asking all of these questions? Many of these of been answered here time and again. I'll give you the sort answer to each of these.

Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    I bought this after having treo 700p for a long while and of course I am very foriegn to many things on here....i thought i read somewhere that the inability to send text to other carriers was fixed, was this something i need to do cause i figured on the new one i bought it would be fixed but dont think it is ....ill post my questions please answer thanks
    1. sending text messages to other carriers?
    I haven't seen any reports of anyone getting a new treo 700wx that has the sms patch preinstalled. Check for the file \Windows\PalmSMSSetup.dll. If it doesn't exist then you'll need to install the sms patch.

2. how many recipients can recieve a text msg at once? (on 700P was 10, on 50 it was over 50)
    Not sure about poutlook, but the Palm Messaging app has the max configured at 20. You could try changing it to a higher value.

3. Can i somehow hotsync or carry over not only all my contacts from 700p to 700wx but also the birthdays AIM sns n everyhting else stored besides name and number?
    I've never tried this, but I think you can sync your 700p to outlook and then sync outlook to your 700wx. Depending on how good the 700p sync is it should include all of that info.

4. like other WM devices does WX have a speed dial feature where u can have over 100 speeddials?
    Yes the wx has speed dial. From the today screen click menu->New Speed Dial. You can also add speed dials directly from contacts. I don't know the max number on the top of my head.

5. Can you listen to music through bluetooth? (if NOT how come you can on 6700 its also WM)
    PDA Audio over bluetooth is unsupported. Palm didn't think you needed it.
    For headset profile it's a hardware limitation.
    For A2DP profile Palm never provided it. There is an effort that has been going on for some time to get A2DP working on the wx.

6. Can you do and listen to voice command using bluetooth? (if NOT how come you can on 6700 its also WM)
    Same answer as above.

7. is there an error log code on WX like for P its ##377#?
    There is a listing of codes in a fairly recent thread I think. I don't know off the top of my head.

8. How can you setup push email on this phone?
    I don't use push, but there are several threads on this topic here. Search.

9. How can I figure out exactly what all the voice commands are that I can get the phone to do? Do they work through bluetooth?
    There is a cheatsheet pdf of all the VC commands in the FAQ thread.

10. Is it normal that once the phone goes auto shutoff the bluetooth doesnt always reconnect?
    This appears to be a weakness of the MS bluetooth stack. Some headsets work better than others. There are several threads that discuss this here.

11. Does the 700p and 700wx have the same amount of memory?
    yes, though WM5 takes up a bit more program memory than POS. Memory is not an issue with the wx however.

12. How come thru the 6700 my cousin can listen to live stremaing radio but when i go on the site and click on any station it gives an error?
    It depends on the stream. Out of the box the wx can play WMA audio streams and mp3 streams. Your friend may have a third party app that supports other streams.
    Check http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda

13. What programs are there I can dowload free for the 700wx such as AIM, google maps?
    Yes there are too many free apps to list. AIM yes, google maps yes (though windows live search seems to be preferred by many here and is also free).

14. Is there a way to view contacts by catagory? (on the 700P you can make your own catagories as you can on 700wx however i have not found a way to view catagory specefic? I have 500 numbers its difficult)
    From the today screen click Menu->Contacts->Menu->Filter and select the categories you want to display. Note that your contacts will need to be assigned categories before the categories will show up under Filter.
    Last edited by hannip; 12/09/2006 at 07:21 AM.
    Nothing is wrong with it to each his own I always say, it just seems like he has a lot of questions about this and I think I would have had those questions before I bought the phone. You know like the memory size, thats kind of easy to look up. Push email, Programs for the Wx, Text messages with the WX.
    Didn't mean to ruffle anyones feathers, I not to talk negitively about stuff.
    Peace
    Use the search function, top right corner of the page. You'll thank me later.