Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    works for Treo700wx as well

originally posted by DrWowe on PPC6700users.com, changed by me to update information that currently works

In case you like being able to check your minutes online, or view the other content there. Smile

This is a two-part hack. First, you have to setup the Sprint proxy. Second, you have to make the website think you're running on a supported phone.

1) Setup the proxy. Goto Settings->Connections->Sprint->Proxy Settings. Set the proxy address to 68.28.31.33. Click advanced. Make sure the port for HTTP is 80, and get rid of Socks.

2) Change the User-Agent. Get your favorite registry editor.
    Goto: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet Settings/5.0/User Agent

Backup what's there currently. (don't skip this). If you're using PHM, you can export the whole key to a file.

Get rid of everything else, and add the following String Values:
    Compatible=compatible
    Default=Mozilla/4.0
    Desc=Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0
    Platform=Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0
    UA-Language=Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0
    Version=MSIE 6.0

Now Sprint thinks you're using a Treo 650!

3) Goto http://vision.sprintpcs.com If it doesn't look right, check all the settings again. You should have 10 links numbered 1,2,...,9,0. The website is very picky, if you have any typos or mistakes in the user-agent it won't work.

It would be fun to find the user-agent strings for other supported phones and post those here, in case they get other stuff we don't. Smile
    Last edited by kwyatt; 12/09/2006 at 05:03 PM. Reason: clarify that it works for Treo700wx as well
    I can't seem to get anything. it keeps saying application error on the vision homepage. you sure these settings are correct?
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    yes im positive, check to make sure the proxy settings are still there after you input them.... also be sure to clear your cache and cookies and close pie before changing the proxy settings.....

i was able to check my balance from my phone and add a call tone

it definitely works
    still not happening for me...

I get "There has been an application error!
    Please contact your system administrator to report this error." when I go to the vision homepage. I soft resetted and everything. if you're using resco explorer or phm, export your registry key for me. I've sone everything exactly as it is above though...
    doesn't work for me either
    I don't think the treo has a place for the proxy..am I missing something?
    I couldn't find a place to put in the proxy either. However, yyou can create a new connection which will allow you to put in a Proxy. I pulled the following instructions from the thread over at ppc6700user.com

http://ppc6700users.com/forums/viewt...er=asc&start=0

"Yes, it seems the 6700 likes to reset the stock Vision settings. What I did was create a new connection profile (go to "Advanced->Select Networks->New..."), I called it VisionProxy and set it up with #777 and the proxy address. Even so, the phone likes to snap back to the standard Sprint settings, but at least I don't have to re-enter the numbers every time I want to read CNN mobile."

I tried this on my 700wx and can get to the vision homepage, but it does not show the numbered options. I have to update the registry values before this will work. I'll try it when I get home.

EDIT: I updated the registry settings on my 700wx and I can now access the Sprint vision page. I had to use the hack mentioned above to setup a 2nd connection that mirrored my default one except it has a proxy setting.
    Last edited by stroths; 12/12/2006 at 12:18 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    On a side note, using the proxy does not appear to affect the speed. I ran a speed test off of dslreports and still got around 700kbit/sec.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I couldn't find a place to put in the proxy either. However, yyou can create a new connection which will allow you to put in a Proxy. I pulled the following instructions from the thread over at ppc6700user.com

http://ppc6700users.com/forums/viewt...er=asc&start=0

"Yes, it seems the 6700 likes to reset the stock Vision settings. What I did was create a new connection profile (go to "Advanced->Select Networks->New..."), I called it VisionProxy and set it up with #777 and the proxy address. Even so, the phone likes to snap back to the standard Sprint settings, but at least I don't have to re-enter the numbers every time I want to read CNN mobile."

I tried this on my 700wx and can get to the vision homepage, but it does not show the numbered options. I have to update the registry values before this will work. I'll try it when I get home.

EDIT: I updated the registry settings on my 700wx and I can now access the Sprint vision page. I had to use the hack mentioned above to setup a 2nd connection that mirrored my default one except it has a proxy setting.
    Are you able to put call tones on your 700wx?
    veronicamays, I just tested out Call Tones and it does work using this hack. I assigned one of the free ones under the promotional section and it worked within 5 minutes. I've never used them before, but they are pretty cool. For those of you who don't know what they are, Call Tones replace the ringing you hear when you call someone who has Call Tones enabled. For example, I could setup the 12 days of Christmas as my Call Tone. If you called me, you would hear that song rather than the regular "ring" while waiting for me to answer. You can assign certain songs to groups, individuals or to everyone. Kind of gimmicky (is that a word?), but interesting.
    Last edited by stroths; 12/12/2006 at 02:30 PM.
    Thanks, maybe I will try it.
    ok, now I just get the vision home screen with no numbers at all...

Proxy is set up using Stroths method and works perfectly.

I used the registry hack exactly as above... once again, anyone care to export their registry key in either PHM or Resco for me??

There's gotta be one small difference in what i see here ane what you guys entered...
    I attached a zip file with two registry exports from PHM Registry editor.

UserAgent_default.reg - This is the unmodified version from my 700wx. You can use it to go back to the defaults.

UserAgent_Blazer.reg - Modified version per instructions and working correctly on my 700wx.

As with any registry modifications, I would suggest backing up your Treo.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Before the hacks, I received the error when trying to go to vision.sprintpcs.com.... I've followed the instructions several times, and it appears I have made progress, but I can't access anything. This is the webpage that comes up:

Does anyone have the link directly to call tones or anything else? As you can see, I don't have the option for any link

UPDATE: It is working great now, not sure what made the difference, but I've successfully changed my call tone! Yay!!! No more annoying Sexy Back!
    Last edited by gsimonds; 12/13/2006 at 12:21 AM.
    I wouldn't admit having sexy back as my call tone if I were you
    gsimonds, looks like you are in 0. My Account / 3. My Content Manager. you need to go out to the main menu and then to downloads.
    I started experiencing issues with my Exchange push mail not pushing at times or my network connection hanging until I manually disconnected and reconnected. I never had this issue with the default non-proxy settings. It must be the proxy doing something odd, so I'll do without for now. I disabled the VisionProxy connection I setup and went back to the default settings.

It's a shame as it was nice to go to my vision page whenever I wanted. I suppose I will just manually enable that connection profile if I want to access that page.
    Quote Originally Posted by gsimonds View Post
    Before the hacks, I received the error when trying to go to vision.sprintpcs.com.... I've followed the instructions several times, and it appears I have made progress, but I can't access anything. This is the webpage that comes up:

Does anyone have the link directly to call tones or anything else? As you can see, I don't have the option for any link

UPDATE: It is working great now, not sure what made the difference, but I've successfully changed my call tone! Yay!!! No more annoying Sexy Back!
    How did you get it working? Im getting the same thing when i get to the site. Thanks.

UPDATE: Site started working out of nowhere when i just tried again. Guess it takes awhile before you can access the site.

Do you really have to add each number you want the calltone to play for? I couldnt figure out a way to select all of the contacts I wanted to hear a particular callertone.
    Last edited by Rebelatheart; 12/22/2006 at 11:37 PM. Reason: update
    As you may have found out, there is not proxy setting on the Treo 700wx. A few of you have pm'd me asking for instructions on how I set mine up. Here is a quick write-up on how to do this.

Click Start-> Settings-> Connections tab-> Connections icon-> Advanced Tab-> Select Networks

Your default connection is listed and should be something like "My ISP". Click "Edit" then click "Edit" on the following page. This is your existing connection. Take notes of the settings on each screen as you press "Next" at the bottom. Do this until you see "Finish" and click it.

Click OK to get you back to your network management screen. Now click "New" and fill whatever you want to name it under the General tab. Click the Modem tab and then click New. Put a custom name, click next, #777, next, your sprint username/password, Finish

Thuis will bring you back to the main properties page of the new connection you created. Click the proxy settings and set the proxy address to 68.28.31.33. Click OK to save which will bring you to back to the Network Management screen.

In the first dropdown box, select your connection you just created and click OK. Now your phone will use this connection profile going forward.

Combine this with the registry settings and you can access the vision page. Please note the issues I mentioned previously.
    cant get this to pull up on internet HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet Settings/5.0/User Agent

what am i doing wrong. and the vision site is not coming up either. please help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast