Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    Hi all, if anyone has any recommendations here, I'd love to here them:

    My 700w connects to the network (Verizon, dials #777) everytime I "wake up" the device. This is especially annoying since it does this if I go to make a phone call, type a msg, etc. I recently hard reset and rebuilt the device with all the programs I had before (listed below), and have not had this issue in the past. I think I am missing a setting...

    I do not have push email or wireless sync activated, and have checked for various settings on programs that might connect periodically.

    Installed (* = culprits?):
    • XCPUScalar
    • Oxios Memory* ("Close Apps" set to run at wake up, should I use "hibernate" instead?)
    • Call SMS Blocker
    • Resco Registry, FTP, Explorer, Today
    • TodayAgenda
    • PocketQuicken
    • PIEPlus
    • Magic Button
    • Tweaks2k2
    • SBSH PocketWeather* (thinking this is the culprit?)
    • PdaNet
    • Sprite Backup
    • MySportraining
    • eWallet
    • some games that do not connect...


    The only thing that looks funny to me are these notifications on MemMaid, I am not sure what this is:
    "MyNetDisco..." (???) runs "when disconnected from network"
    "Pocketweather" runs "when RS232 connection is made"

    Any thoughts? Thanks...
  2. #2  
    go to start->settings->sounds & notifications->notifications->under event select connection established and remove check box under display message on screen.
  3. #3  
    You can also try the reg hack for "always on" to see if that leaves it connected, so it doesn't have to re-connect all the time. I'm not sure why it keeps disconnecting in the first place..

    You'll have to search for the hack in other windows mobile device threads
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicamays View Post
    go to start->settings->sounds & notifications->notifications->under event select connection established and remove check box under display message on screen.
    Thanks. Is I think I am looking for to not connect at all when it wakes up, at least it never did that before. Now, it is dialing to the EvDO network when I wake it up to either answer a call, make a call, or type a text. If I try to launch something intensive like my camera on the fly, it crashes as it seems the connection dialing is to intensive on the unit at the same time. How do I get to connect only at my choosing here (as I did before somehow?)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    You can also try the reg hack for "always on" to see if that leaves it connected, so it doesn't have to re-connect all the time. I'm not sure why it keeps disconnecting in the first place..

    You'll have to search for the hack in other windows mobile device threads
    I have seen it in idle with no issues, and don't mind that so much. I thought it reduced battery life though if in the connected or idle/connected mode. Yes?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chr!s View Post
    I have seen it in idle with no issues, and don't mind that so much. I thought it reduced battery life though if in the connected or idle/connected mode. Yes?
    "idle" mode doesn't use any battery, if it does its too small to worry about. It's more efficient to leave it connected, because "re-connecting" uses more battery than letting it idle.

    The main battery drainer is the CPU. If the CPU is working, its consuming power. Idle uses 0% CPU. The modem isn't working either so thats not using battery either. I always leave it on, and now with exchange push it leaves it connected automatically for me.

Posting Permissions