Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Any suggestions on Bible Software you used before?

Edited:
    Found these two:
    http://www.olivetree.com/pocketpc/ Olive Tree
    http://www.e-sword.net/pocketpc/ E-Sword
    I've not tried the Olive Tree version. The E-Sword works well for me, but is a resource hog. It runs slightly slow, but not too bad. Also, it's not been updated for Windows Mobile 5, so you don't have soft keys or other helps you could have.

I don't spend money if I don't have too - love freewares. E-Sword works well for me.
    Me again, I just noticed Rick Myers posted a version 3.0 of E-Sword...I've been running 2.52. I'll have to download the new version and see if it's got better WM5 support.
    Me yet again. Okay, just installed the newest version of E-Sword - 3.0. Still no WM5 support such as soft keys and 5 way navigation through the options. It's clearly a stylus program, but as I said early, it works very well for me.
    I've used both and the olive tree Bible Reader program works great. It's a lot faster than e-sword and with the additional resources that are available and can be stored on a SD card is a very powerful tool. It even has multimedia resources available for it. I'm using the beta version. Click Here.
    www.yanceyware.com is great and it's free! ;-)
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Personally I'm a big fan of MyBible by Laridian. I've only used the PalmOS version, but I know they support MS devices as well now.
  8.    #8  
    E-Sword 3.0 :- FREE works good, but slow; has all versions online FREE
    Olive Tree :- FREE But we have to pay for many of the versions (i.e. King James Version)
    www.yanceyware.com :- FREE First time heard. Which versions of bible are there and is all versions free?
    MyBible by Laridian :- NOT FREE $$$
    Last edited by Dinomon; 12/08/2006 at 03:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tlphipps View Post
    Personally I'm a big fan of MyBible by Laridian. I've only used the PalmOS version, but I know they support MS devices as well now.

I think this is s great app also.
    I use olivetree as well. works good. I like putting the bible versions and commentaries on the card. which bible version are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by pastortroy View Post
    I've used both and the olive tree Bible Reader program works great. It's a lot faster than e-sword and with the additional resources that are available and can be stored on a SD card is a very powerful tool. It even has multimedia resources available for it. I'm using the beta version. Click Here.
  11.    #11  
    I am looking for King James Version for Olive Tree, can someone please post the file here or PM me. God bless.
    a lot of versions are free, but think this one cost money. I have tried quite a few and found olivetree to be may favorite. customizing and speed. I will post a link to kjv in a few minutes, when I get home. i'm driving right now. lol
    http://www.gramcord.org/gramlite.htm

this was another that i found with google that has free kjv, but no telling how well it works. good luck
    and this is the list of FREE stuff available for olivetree.

http://www.olivetree.com/store/catal...p-1-c-265.html
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    http://www.gramcord.org/gramlite.htm

this was another that i found with google that has free kjv, but no telling how well it works. good luck
    where in that link is free KJV bible for Olive reader?
    I did pay for my Laridian version but let me tell you. It is fantastic. They have daily devotionals that you can add on, of course its money but its ALOT cheaper than paper version. The Comprehensive Greek and Hebrew concordance is easy and complete. It actually displays the original characters. I have had 2 issues with the program and within a day they actually wrote me with how to fix and follow up with every issue. If you purchase a bible and later on go to Palm or vice versa your license is for the book and you cand download both versions. The spanish bible is one of the first in NIV format and it also is easy to use.
    The Bookmark feature takes some getting used to but I must say that overall It is the only Bible I use and has replaced every hardcover that I had.
    I have nothing but great things to say about the product and the company, no I dont work for them lol.
    Thats my 2 cents.

Willie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    where in that link is free KJV bible for Olive reader?
    this kjv is NOT for olivetree. this is a completely different bible reader that says it also has a free kjv ...

quote from the middle of the apge in the link...

These Bible versions are available as free downloads
    American Standard Version (ASV)
    Darby's New Translation
    Douay-Rheims
    Jewish Publication Society (JPS 1917)
    King James Version (KJV)
    Literal Translation of the Holy Bible (LITV)
    Modern King James Version (MKJV)
    Weymouth New Testament
    Young's Literal Translation
    I use quickverse mobile edition. It is a little buggy but works all the same. I chose this because it has NkJV which is my daily reading choice. Also, has MANY extra referene books that I frequently open when waiting for an apointment or car wash. Will also probably try esword at some point because it is my favorite on my pc (also have qv2006 on pc).
  20.    #20  
    I am currently using OliveTree reader. its an awesome bible reader. I just wish they had more christian stuff free to download..

is there other sites that has books and bible we can download for OliveTree?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast