Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    is there other sites that has books and bible we can download for OliveTree?
    no, not unless you're into piracy. lol. stealing bibles isn't good.
  2.    #22  
    I found the King James Version (KJV) Bible for 700w/wx, you can download it free http://www.download.com/King-James-B...ml?tag=lst-0-1

Link states it's for Palm OS, but it also works with WM5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    I found the King James Version (KJV) Bible for 700w/wx, you can download it free http://www.download.com/King-James-B...ml?tag=lst-0-1

Link states it's for Palm OS, but it also works with WM5.
    what reader do you need to tead this bible version?

you can't read just any bible with say olivetree bible reader.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    what reader do you need to tead this bible version?

you can't read just any bible with say olivetree bible reader.
    You will need Olive Tree Reader Version 3.66
    http://www.olivetree.com/pocketpc/download.php
    Quote Originally Posted by Serafin View Post
    I did pay for my Laridian version but let me tell you. It is fantastic...
    I agree. Laridian may not be free, (it's a whopping $10.00), but it is by far the best bible program around. I've used it for years and it works great. I also like the fact that instead of trying to remember which version of each bible I have, I can simply login and the site will show me if there's anything updated that I haven't downloaded yet. And once you've paid for the bible you never have to purchase it again. BTW...the King James Version is actually free if you have the reader. They also offer free comprehensive reading plans so you can read the bible in a year, the New Testament in a year, etc.
    PDA history - Psion 5/Sharp Mobilon/Jornada 540/ipaq 3835/ipaq 3935/ipaq 5550/ipaq 4700/PPC-6700/Treo 700wx
    For WM, many have said they have liked Laridian's interface better, but Olive Tree's content.

In any account, variety is good, just ask everyone who visits MMM and tells us about their respective Bible readers and tools.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  7.    #27  
    So far I have installed Olive Tree Bible Reader and e-Sword Reader.

Olive Tree is fast in loading vs e-Sword is very slow.
    e-Sword requires Microsoft SQLCE 2.0 to be installed vs. Olive Tree doens't.
    e-Sword has all downloads Free vs. Olive Tree has several.
    Olive Tree can be installed to SD card vs. e-Sword require to be installed on to Device.
    Olive Tree has more options then e-Sword.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Is there a free NIV version for e-sword? I didnt see one on the list
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsimonds View Post
    Is there a free NIV version for e-sword? I didnt see one on the list
    There's not a NIV version.
    Sorry to bring up an old topic but I was hoping you could tolerate a couple of questions from a new member.

1) Does anyone know if Zondervan's "NIV StudyBible" will work on the 700wx?

2) Is the Laridian "PocketBible3 NIV Study Bible Bundle" essentially the same thing?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    The license for Laridian is much more strict than for Olive Tree. With Olive Tree, you buy the Bibles once and the reader is free. If you switch from a Palm OS to a Windows Mobile device, you don't have to pay for the reader software or the Bibles again. You can use the Bibles you already own as long as you don't use them on more than one device at a time. With Laridian, you have to pay separately for the Bibles and the reader for EACH OS. Frankly, this is what soured me on Laridian.

In addition, if you are into Greek, Olive Tree can display Greek in the Palm OS and Windows Pocket PC versions (not Smartphone version). Laridian can't.

The only thing I wish Olive Tree would do is make their Windows Mobile version utilize the soft buttons in WM5.

Bill
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12