Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    My wife just got a Treo (she loved mine so much she wanted her own). Well on my Treo I have Exchange push through my job.

    I could probably hang an email account for her off the server... but are there any third party apps out there that handle real time push?

    She already has a cablevision pop3 account. Any way to have that deliver email to the Treo in real time? Ill look at other options as well. Thanks
  2. #2  
    mine are all set up to send me a text message. I know as soon as I get an email and know whether or not I want to take the time to open it and read it.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
  3. #3  
    1) I thought there were some free Exchange accounts.
    2) FlexMail will (one day) support IMAP IDLE and hopefully do it well.
    3) Are there any triggered pull options for WM like there are for POS?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  4.    #4  
    Well I can give her an exchange account on my server if I want. But that gives her a new email address.

    I guess my main question is... does anyone know a way to set up an existing email account thats POP3 capable to either integrate with an Exchange Server to relay mail in real-time to the handheld.

    If thats not possible, any way to set up a POP3 account directly on the handheld and have the handheld check for new mail say every few minutes through POP3?
  5.    #5  
    Do I just need a POP3 email client for the Treo so my wife can use her existing POP3 mail account? Will FlexMail2007 do the job? Are there alternatives?

    TIA/
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post
    Well I can give her an exchange account on my server if I want. But that gives her a new email address.

    I guess my main question is... does anyone know a way to set up an existing email account thats POP3 capable to either integrate with an Exchange Server to relay mail in real-time to the handheld.

    If thats not possible, any way to set up a POP3 account directly on the handheld and have the handheld check for new mail say every few minutes through POP3?
    You can use one of several fee-based services where you setup an autoforward on your pop email to them and they push to your device. There are several threads on this in the 700w/wx forum.

    You can easilly set up a pop account on the handheld (I have four) and have it check and pull down email at any minute interval you choose. Obviously the more often it checks the more battery usage you have. Once I upgraded the battery I found Ihad plenty of power for about 36 hours w/ 15 min polling.
  7. #7  
    There are software plugins you can install on an Exchange server that will pop email from a pop3 account at an interval you specify and put them in the appropriate email box. However, you must be the exchange system admin or have the admin install this software. I have my exchange server setup to poll several pop3 mailboxes every 5 minutes, which pushes that mail to my Treo since I have push enabled. You could drop the interval, but some servers may start rejecting your login if you poll too often.

    Another option is to setup your pop3 email to forward to an IDLE IMAP or Exchange 2003 SP2 account. This would give you the most real-time access to the email.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    There are software plugins you can install on an Exchange server that will pop email from a pop3 account at an interval you specify and put them in the appropriate email box. However, you must be the exchange system admin or have the admin install this software. I have my exchange server setup to poll several pop3 mailboxes every 5 minutes, which pushes that mail to my Treo since I have push enabled. You could drop the interval, but some servers may start rejecting your login if you poll too often.

    Another option is to setup your pop3 email to forward to an IDLE IMAP or Exchange 2003 SP2 account. This would give you the most real-time access to the email.

    These options sound good. I have an Exchange server I can fool around with (I am an Exchange Admin). If this doesn't work, ill try one of the free POP3 redirectors mentioned. Thanks.
  9. CRSO's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by leardvr View Post
    mine are all set up to send me a text message. I know as soon as I get an email and know whether or not I want to take the time to open it and read it.
    I do the same. I have gmail forward a copy to my 700 through a text (phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com) and also opt to keep it in my inbox.
  10. #10  
    You can use a free service like mail2web for your exchange server and have your pop3 mail forwarded to them. It works like a charm.

Posting Permissions