Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    and when you answer them, start a thread on the 680 page where we are all suffering from some wierd firware battery drain problem
    The 2400 mah battery is now available for $50. Not a bad price, but its bigger than the OEM one.

Skip for me! Maybe someone will introduce an 1800 mah battery that is the same size as the OEM.
  3.    #23  
    Seidio is pleased to release 2400 mah extended battery for Treo 750V.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=597

Coming soon

Super slim rubberized case for Treo 750V

Super slim crystal case for Treo 750V

Rubberized case/holster combo for Treo 750V

Premium skin for Treo 750V

Premium skin and holster combo for Treo 750V.

Seidio
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 12/20/2006 at 04:34 PM.
    I don't want to sound negative, but if you read lots of the posts here you are really missing what the market demand is. People want a battery the same size as the original but with more capacity. That's what people want, I don't see it listed here.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I don't want to sound negative, but if you read lots of the posts here you are really missing what the market demand is. People want a battery the same size as the original but with more capacity. That's what people want, I don't see it listed here.
    Yes, we know exactly what users want and we do our best not to miss what the market demands.

Each battery we develop has its own target customers. For example, in the case of Treo 700/650, we shipped a lot of 3200 mah battery (with large battery door) as well as 2400 mah battery (same size as original). We are not done yet !

Seidio
    Sounds great, any projected date of when you will have a larger capacity battery that is about the same size as OEM?

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Yes, we know exactly what users want and we do our best not to miss what the market demands.

Each battery we develop has its own target customers. For example, in the case of Treo 700/650, we shipped a lot of 3200 mah battery (with large battery door) as well as 2400 mah battery (same size as original). We are not done yet !

Seidio
    I plan to get the Treo 750 as soon as Cingular releases it (my Treo 650 is dying quickly), and I am collecting the accessories for it now.
    -Are any of the "coming soon" cases listed below designed to accommodate the the 2400 battery??
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming soon

Same here, I've already got a 4 GB miniSD card and a new BT GPS receiver. I wish they would release it before my trip to Japan, they use 3G there, it would be nice to have phone access. 30 DEC I will be on a plane and doesn't look like I will have it.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmommy73 View Post
    I plan to get the Treo 750 as soon as Cingular releases it (my Treo 650 is dying quickly), and I am collecting the accessories for it now.
    -Are any of the "coming soon" cases listed below designed to accommodate the the 2400 battery??
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming soon

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    You found a 4gb mini SD card that works in the 750? I thought all of the 4gb cards were in a different format or something which card do you have and can anyone else confirm that it works in their 750? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericrwalker View Post
    Same here, I've already got a 4 GB miniSD card and a new BT GPS receiver.
    Well I am not sure if it works with it yet. I guess it's a risk I am taking. I got it from ebay from grassroots-computers, it's not a bad deal and it comes with the adapter too. I was hoping that the 750 would be out by now so I could test it.

I believe he claims it is manufactored by Samsung, and he has an excellent rating.

Feedback score: 8265|Positive feedback: 99.8%

Quote Originally Posted by burnsaa View Post
    You found a 4gb mini SD card that works in the 750? I thought all of the 4gb cards were in a different format or something which card do you have and can anyone else confirm that it works in their 750? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post

Seidio

It's amazing how many times the question about a same size battery has been asked and how many time it has not been answered, both here and in the 680 forum!! Seidio has double-talk down to a science. Why not just give a direct answer? If you are going to take advantage of marketing directly to this forum, with product teasers and "commercials", I feel that you should answer direct questions with direct answers.

Seidio,

1) Will there be a same form factor battery released for the 680 and 750?

2) If so, when will it be released and what is the target price?

3) If there is an issue with making a battery like this, what is the challenge, what is it that is keeping you from making it, or challenging your team?

4)Why have you been so unwilling to answer direct questions about this when there are literally dozens of posts with THIS EXACT QUESTION in threads in which you have posted about "upcoming products"?

It's great that you come to this forum and it's great that you have had success in the past with batteries for smart phones, but you can't have it both ways...if you come here to tease and sell, you have to be willing to answer the hard questions!!! That's business.

We look forward to your answers...as do the folks in the 680 forum as well!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    I read somewhere that not many people have changed from using lithium ion batteries to Lithium Polymer which apparently makes a better battery.

Looks like seidio batteries are li-ion also, do they have any experience in lithium polymer?

I have no idea what the difference is...I think I read it on the boy genius page.
  13.    #33  
    It's amazing how many times the question about a same size battery has been asked and how many time it has not been answered, both here and in the 680 forum!! Seidio has double-talk down to a science. Why not just give a direct answer? If you are going to take advantage of marketing directly to this forum, with product teasers and "commercials", I feel that you should answer direct questions with direct answers.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "double-talk". We've stated all along that we're going to make a slim battery for the Treo 680 and 750. I'm simply giving you the information we have and are allowed to release at the time.

1)Will there be a same form factor battery released for the 680 and 750?
    Yes. We have always stated that if it is possible we will release a battery with more power than the OEM in the same space. We've done it before and see no reason why we can't do it now.

2) If so, when will it be released and what is the target price?
    I don't know when it will be released or what the target price is at this point. I can tell you that it is extremely high on our priority list and that we will keep you updated as often as we can.

3) If there is an issue with making a battery like this, what is the challenge, what is it that is keeping you from making it, or challenging your team?
    There are always challenges to getting more out of smaller packages, ie. hard drives, memory etc. The challenge in batteries is not much different. We're trying to maximize the amount of power in the limited size we have to work with.

4)Why have you been so unwilling to answer direct questions about this when there are literally dozens of posts with THIS EXACT QUESTION in threads in which you have posted about "upcoming products"?
    We have tried to answer as direct as we could:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...o+2400+battery

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...o+2400+battery

We'll keep you posted.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12