Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Also remember that the 750v uses a more efficient Sammy processor.
    Maybe that's one reason.

How often do you all have to charge the 750?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    1.) People over there are screaming after the first day of using it. Batteries need cycles to reach full capacity.
    Exactly!! I am getting about 4-5 hrs of use out of my Treo 750v, while still having 30% battery left. That figure also has 20min email checks when the device is on standby. I have fully charged the device about 10 times.

This is compared to 3-4hrs previously, resulting in a FLAT battery.
    Palm Treo 750v
    Running on Three Australia
    1GB miniSD - Bluetooth GPS - Nokia CK-1W Car-Kit
  3.    #23  
    I need a phone to stay on for 12 hrs. with no charge. Can it be done on the 750? And I don't need email polling all the time.

What's the daily average with just phone calls, texting and a few emails?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Stay on for 12hrs? Doubtful with the 750v.

That is my daily average use so I can't say for less use. A device like this is made to be used!!!
    Palm Treo 750v
    Running on Three Australia
    1GB miniSD - Bluetooth GPS - Nokia CK-1W Car-Kit
  5.    #25  
    I will be using it. I need it for calls, texting and a few emails. And to add some tasks and calender items. In other words, I need it for basic business use. But I need to be able to get calls for about 12 hrs. daily. Not necessarily 12, but that's the average.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I need a phone to stay on for 12 hrs. with no charge. Can it be done on the 750? And I don't need email polling all the time.

What's the daily average with just phone calls, texting and a few emails?

my 750v will work for 12-16 hrs (without charging) when set to GSM, Exchange mail checking on an hourly basis (30-50 emails), no bluethooth (speakerphone) and about 30-45 mins of calls. if i'm using UMTS, i have to charge at least 2 hrs to get a full day's use.
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    To me the number one thing that kills the battery on my 750v is the backlight. I always keep it all the way up, and I can get about 10 hours of use with it, so if you turn it down half way you will definetly get 12 hours of use.
    The 750v has a processor that is supposed to be more efficient in standby but not necessarily when running. Also the UMTS radio uses more power than a GSM one, so overall I would expect the 750v to use as much or more power is you are actually using it.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Well, after 3 days of use i can say that this phone uses battery power more effeciently. first day went through the entire day w/ PUSH emails going off and periodic phone calls and by the time i got home, i was just a bit above 70%.

Today i was on the phone a bit more, so by 7:00pm tonight i was at 30% not bad if you ask me.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Are you on UMTS or GSM or both? UMTS uses more power. Also where I am at work it's constantly switching back and forth.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellO View Post
    Exactly!! I am getting about 4-5 hrs of use out of my Treo 750v, while still having 30% battery left. That figure also has 20min email checks when the device is on standby. I have fully charged the device about 10 times.

This is compared to 3-4hrs previously, resulting in a FLAT battery.
    Those numbers are not good. Outlook every 20 is definitely hurting your battery time, you wouldn't be interested in fwding your mail to a free exchange account? I get on average 30-40 emails pushed to my device every day and can definitely go all day on one battery. And that is with "moderate" talk time and some Internet browsing also. If I use slingbox for a long time I charge it to be safe
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Are you on UMTS or GSM or both? UMTS uses more power. Also where I am at work it's constantly switching back and forth.
    GSM unfortunately...we wont be launching UMTS till at least end of 07...although we're working on the microwave relocation project currently. Hopefully as they slowly start turning up UMTS sites i'll be ready to use it
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12