Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  


    i got this error while runing slingmedia and charging at the same time. nothing else was running. i am using a sprint charger for the treos and i have the seidio 2400 battery.

    i don't understand this. how can anyone really use this slingmedia and not be charging. i takes a lot out of a battery to watch an of tv.

    anyone else seen this. is there no way around this.

    cody
  2. #2  
    I only watch the sling when its not charging, unless its in my car, where I do not get this error. Anywhere other than my car, if I can charge the phone, I can watch tv.

    Are you running a speed stepping (overclocking) utility? This may be the cause also.
  3. #3  
    I used to get that all the time on my 700w, but have yet to get it with my 700wx. What case do you use? It could be that it's not getting enough ventilation.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I only watch the sling when its not charging, unless its in my car, where I do not get this error. Anywhere other than my car, if I can charge the phone, I can watch tv.

    .


    i dont understand. are you saying you only charge while slinging while you are in your car. well that is where i am at. and with a sprint treo charger.

    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Are you running a speed stepping (overclocking) utility? This may be the cause also.
    no, no overclocking at all.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    What case do you use? It could be that it's not getting enough ventilation.
    i am not using a case. i use the bestskinever. the phone is setting in an old 6700 proclips vehical mount. it doesn't slide down into the holder it just sets on top. i not driving aroud so it doesn't need to fit snug. i just set it here so it can recieve a good signal and so my hand doesn't cover the speaker. i would say that it is getting good ventilation.
  6. #6  
    I've experienced this while streaming internet radio and charging. No OC, no case, nothing but the charger, the phone, and a cold stone floor.
    WinMo Veteran: Typhoon, Wallaby, Wizard, Hurricane, Tornado, Apache, Treo 700wx...

    Reg edits are like haircuts... Best done by someone who knows what they're doing!
  7.    #7  
    could this be spme thing wrong with my phone that it should get swap out with a new one over? I realize some of the people here have seen this, but not many.

    this over heat thing happened twice in one day. after the first time I pulled my battery and let both cool down for about 30 minutes. I didn't want to hurt my battery. I have insurance on my phone.
  8. #8  
    I don't think it's gonna hurt anything. When I used to get it on my 700w I just kept playing the slingplayer and everything was fine. It just stops the charging. After the battery cools down you should be able to start charging it again.

    My 700wx never gets this warning. I assumed that the issue was fixed, but looks like some people still have the problem.
  9. #9  
    Hrmm, I had this same problem with my 700w & my Seido 2400 battery. There was an inital problem with these batteries & Seido replaced mine for free. I was getting that same exact error.

    Theres a thread at mytreo.net about it (from April 06). I cant find it because the search is disabled.
  10. jbiz's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i got this error while runing slingmedia and charging at the same time. nothing else was running. i am using a sprint charger for the treos and i have the seidio 2400 battery.

    i don't understand this. how can anyone really use this slingmedia and not be charging. i takes a lot out of a battery to watch an of tv.

    anyone else seen this. is there no way around this.

    cody
    I had that error on my 700w, I called and had them replace it.. they claimed that issue was "fixed" with the firmware upgrade.. like apparently they knew about it.. anyway.. I had my phone swapped under warranty (it was about 6 months old).. I tried different batteries and different charges.. it wouldnt happen all the time.. but it did happen once I a while.

Posting Permissions