1.    #1  
    I have an 2006 Audi with the built-in bluetooth system. I found that not all Windows Mobile phone work well with the Audi system. My Cingular 3125 and Treo 650 work well with the system, I believe they both use the WIDCOMM stack not the Microsoft Stack. The MS stack is buggy with many systems like this, as a matter of fact I had tried the Cingular 8525, and that would connect and then disconnect form the system. So I returned it waiting for the Treo 750. Which Bluetooth Stack is in 750?
    AT&T Treo 750 (Unlocked) WM6

DrB
    MS stack. There is an effort going on at xda to port the Widcomm stack to hermes devices. The 750 is a close cousin to the Hermes so the same port may work.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=285419
    Whichever one it is, it works terribly with a 2006 BMW. Completely frustrating just like your experience with the 8525.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Yeah it seems all WM devices use the MS stack. And the 700w's are crippled even more! Like half of a MS stack. I hope the 750 is better, too many dropouts with the 700
  5.    #5  
    That relly sucks , especially since I've been waiting (like so many others) for the Treo 750! I won't by a phone that doesn't work well with my Audi system. I even tried the BlackJack, and that worked to make calls, but no phonebook, missed calls, etc.---Failure as far as I'm concerned!
    My cingular 3125 is the best so far, but I really want a full PPC phone. Does any one know which Windows Mobile PPC phones work properly with the Audi System?

DrB
    it works bad with my Seat Altea too (BT firmware v0050). Treo 650 worked really well instead, at least with its latest firmware.

behaviour is the same: it connects, then it disconnects and so on... sometimes Treo BT disables itself without any reason.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
  7.    #7  
    bcaslis... does your Treo 680 work with your BMW?

DrB
    Yes, the 680 seems to work perfectly with the BMW. Connects properly, always works, even displays and updates the signal strength display (No Windows Mobile device I've tried even displays the signal strength). I really want the 750, but the 680 seems to be kicking it's **** on bluetooth.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBwell View Post
    bcaslis... does your Treo 680 work with your BMW?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBwell View Post
    That relly sucks , especially since I've been waiting (like so many others) for the Treo 750! I won't by a phone that doesn't work well with my Audi system. I even tried the BlackJack, and that worked to make calls, but no phonebook, missed calls, etc.---Failure as far as I'm concerned!
    My cingular 3125 is the best so far, but I really want a full PPC phone. Does any one know which Windows Mobile PPC phones work properly with the Audi System?
    If the 3125 works, I would ASSUME the 8525 works. I never tested with a car BT kit, so I can't say for sure. Just check some 8525 forums for issues.
    Well, at the very least the MS stack works well with MS VC and allows voice dialing from the headset. I was all set to pick up a Blackjack and then I found out about the bastardized stack that it has on it.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  11.    #11  
    Check out this Howards Forum Cingular 8525 thread:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1047882

DrB
    Wow, superdave is making amazing progress on the Widcomm stack. He says he'll have a cab soon. It will be interesting to see if it works on the 750.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=285419&page=4
    superdave is the bluetooth MASTER! He got a2dp working on the i730s...
    Check out what the Sleuth said...

"
    I had occasional drops on my BMW until I loaded the TyTN v1.35 ROM. Problem solved. This is good news b/c it means that HTC has solved several handsfree/car kit issues and the next Cingular ROM update will contain the fix.

Adventurous 8525 owners can bone up on the upgrade process by reading the Hermes Wiki over at xda-developers.com. It's a little involved and actually requires 2 full and one partial re-flash operations. The end result is a SuperCID/unlocked 8525 running the latest HTC Rom however.

Others will have to wait for the Cingular refresh which may occur in 1Q07 when PTT is released for the 8525 & other 3G phones. Or, the WidComm patch may come sooner..."

This is important! If what he is saying is true, then the problem is in the ROM stack, not the hardware. Good news indeed...