Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    So I got a new Treo 700wx a few days ago and I installed quite a bit of software to get used to the switch from the 650 to the 700w. Well, after trying the software, today I did a hard reset to try and get my phone to be "more stable".

    After I hard reset, I installed W5torage, Palm Threaded SMS App and Resco Explorer - that's it. Now, I get a host of Out of Memory errors as well as an error for gwes.exe every time my Treo resets. The "Out of Memory" errors happen randomly, and sometimes it'll be on the Today screen or I'll be in a program like Pocket Word. I clock Ok and nothing happens, but why the error?

    Also, while on speakerphone, the sound of silence is actually quite loud, and you can hear faint computer-like beeps while on speakerphone.

    Are any of these things normal or should I complain to Sprint to get a replacement?

    Thanks for your help!
  2. #2  
    I started getting the gwes.exe error after I did the threaded SMS trick. I just did a restore and reinstalled. I've been fine since. I've never encountered the memory error though, and I've got a lot of stuff installed. I use a 2GB SD card though.
  3. #3  
    Make sure you are using the LATEST release (BETA 4) from ppcgeeks.com. That one is the most stable and most people ARE NOT having that error at all.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
    I started getting the gwes.exe error after I did the threaded SMS trick. I just did a restore and reinstalled. I've been fine since. I've never encountered the memory error though, and I've got a lot of stuff installed. I use a 2GB SD card though.
    I don't understand the memory error either - I also have a 2GB SD card and I have 50-something megs free on the phone itself.


    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Make sure you are using the LATEST release (BETA 4) from ppcgeeks.com. That one is the most stable and most people ARE NOT having that error at all.
    I read about people having that problem before (i did some research on that error) but couldn't find anything current. I am using BETA 4 of the Palm Threaded SMS App (or so says the HowTo.txt file that came with it)

    Maybe later today I'll record the noise of the speakerphone with the little beeps on it.
  5. #5  
    Hard reset again. That gwes.exe seems to be a bug, and either NEVER happens or ALWAYS happens. To make sure you do it properly, dleete the PROGRAM FILES folder off of your storage card, hard reset, then re-insert the card after Windows is running. This is just to ensure a clean format of your device. Then try it again, and follow the step by step very carefully. SHOW ALL FILES is probably the most important part of the threading install. Don't forget to re-install the patch
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Hard reset again. That gwes.exe seems to be a bug, and either NEVER happens or ALWAYS happens. To make sure you do it properly, dleete the PROGRAM FILES folder off of your storage card, hard reset, then re-insert the card after Windows is running. This is just to ensure a clean format of your device. Then try it again, and follow the step by step very carefully. SHOW ALL FILES is probably the most important part of the threading install. Don't forget to re-install the patch
    Heavy sigh. A hard reset. This probably also means that those backup files are off limits and I need to reinstall everything carefully, from scratch. I'll give it a try later.

Posting Permissions