1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of any software that works to record calls? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Does anyone know of any software that works to record calls? Thanks.
    same question, anyone?
    ive been looking into this for a while - i havent found any solutions. There is one, but it works like crap. I'd really like to know if anyone found any non-memory hog programs that can do this.
    spWM5callrec is the program I have that records calls. Not sure who makes it etc, I barley use it. I install the progy when needed.

That the one you guys are talkn about?
    www.audacityaudio.com

This company has phone call recording for the Palm OS on the Professional version. I spoke with the company last week, and they have a Pocket PC edition for Pocket PC which does not have phone call recording.

I use their dictation software daily on my Treo 750, previously on my Treo 650. Their software works very well.

Work checking out.
    mVoice worked on the 650. Does it no longer record phone calls on the 750?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc View Post
    www.audacityaudio.com

This company has phone call recording for the Palm OS on the Professional version. I spoke with the company last week, and they have a Pocket PC edition for Pocket PC which does not have phone call recording.
    They have a call recording program for pocket pc that doesnt record calls?

So then what does it do????
    Audacity has a very nice Pocket PC Recorder for general recording, but it does not record phone calls like their Palm OS ones do. The application is new, but quite solid. Audacity has been making recorders for Palms since before the Tungsten came out. The Web site is www.AudacityAudio.com. The application is free for a limited time.
    movice worked great on my 680 but I am having problems with it locking up and not working on my 750. Anyone else experienced this
    So far the ones I have tried require speaker phone to be on to record phone conversation. Was told it is a limitation of Treo 750v
    You can try Vito Audio Notes and see how it works for you
    http://www.vitotechnology.com/en/pro...udionotes.html

I purchased and it works(sometimes) and is supposed to auto-record all calls but it always seems to miss recording them for me, if I reset my phone it will record one or two and then goes on the fritz again.

If I manually start a recording it will then record a small snippet of the manual recording and then the full phone call.

One of the negatives is your voice is heard loud and clear in the recording and the other persons is usually very low...nice software if it didn't have these negatives.

**I should mention support on their forums is non-existant..I posted weeks ago mentioning my problems and nobody has replied since...buyer beware! Check out the trial first and see if it works differently for you..I am using a Treo 750V
    I have been looking for something like this for all my present and past PPC phone devices. NOTHING seems to record calls!!! Looks like its a limitation with the Windows Mobile Software more then just device limitations. Seems you can only record audio via the Phone Mic, which means to record calls you MUST be in speaker phone mode so your phone MIC can pick it up. The Treo does such a good job of canceling out the Speaker sounds that the MIC hardly picks up the other person.

We need something that is able to record from the Phones Ear piece (incoming audio), not the traditional MIC.

The only phones I have had that do this are "Normal" cell phones (Motorola, blah blah blah)

UPDATE: Just read this on the VITO page: "VITO AudioNotes does not record phone calls on Pocket PC due to operating system restrictions."
    Its ONE of the reason why I started using Nextel phones. They have built in recorder that will record the whole conversation, whether you're just using the ear piece or the speaker phone and will record both party's voices. Whenever I call in to CS for various places and I want proof that the call took place, I just turn it on during the call. The only thing that sucks is that you can't transfer it, it stays on the phone only.