1.    #1  
    Is there a limit on how much data can be transferred using your PDA as a modem on Sprint? I've heard that there is a limit on Verizon and was just curious if anyone heard anything similar to that for Sprint users. I called Sprint customer service and they said there is no limit.

thanks
    No limit (far as I know)....
    WinMo Veteran: Typhoon, Wallaby, Wizard, Hurricane, Tornado, Apache, Treo 700wx...

Reg edits are like haircuts... Best done by someone who knows what they're doing!
    Do you have PAM on your plan? If not, even if you have a Vision or Power Vision package, you can still accumulate data charges. Casual browsing that doesn't transfer a lot of data, will most likely not be noticed, but if you start uploading or downloading things like music, videos and other large files, Sprint will most certainly notice and you'll see a charge on your bill.
  4.    #4  
    I called sprint and they told me I can use my phone as modem without any addictional charges. I only have the powervision package. I had them make a notation on my account so that if I got charged I could refer to the note to have the charges reversed.
    That is not sufficent to prevent you from being charged if you over use tethering. All that will do is get you charged and the person who so noted your account disciplined.

Purchase PDAnet

or

Subscribe to the PAM plan
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    That is not sufficent to prevent you from being charged if you over use tethering. All that will do is get you charged and the person who so noted your account disciplined.

Purchase PDAnet

or

Subscribe to the PAM plan
    The likely situation would be, he would get a huge bill the first time. Then he would call *2 and tell them to look at his account notes. They would most likely remove the note and tel him that the previous rep was wrong, and they would probably credit back the massive charge.

I could see that happening one time, and then they'd tell him to get a PAM plan.