1.    #1  
    I sent an email to myself which had an attachment on it which was approximately 15 megabytes. I received the message and I clicked on it to download the entire message. everytime I send/receive the message appears as though it is downloading but after a while the bottom bar reads disconnecting and the email client continue to reads that until I soft reset my device. has anyone else seen this problem? is there a size limit on the attachments we can download?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by heimlich View Post
    I sent an email to myself which had an attachment on it which was approximately 15 megabytes. I received the message and I clicked on it to download the entire message. everytime I send/receive the message appears as though it is downloading but after a while the bottom bar reads disconnecting and the email client continue to reads that until I soft reset my device. has anyone else seen this problem? is there a size limit on the attachments we can download?

thanks
    I've had this problem as well. Even if you are storing attachments on the card, they seem to go to the device first and then get moved to the card, so it's pretty easy to run out of memory if you have a lot of apps stored on your device.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    How about using YouSendIt and then download them from there?

Greg
  4.    #4  
    That's nice but I want to be able to download large files. I don't know what the problem is. I told the email program that the files should be stored on my SD card and still it has problems. Oh well. At least there is a solution for right now but what happens if someone sends me something in the work environment. It doesn't sound very professional to tell them to use yousendit.com to send me something, something, that may be confidential.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Good point but I'm limited to attachments being 5MB or less. How are you doing 15MB files? Maybe zip them first. Would that do it?

Greg
  6.    #6  
    It depends on where the limit size on your attachments is coming from. As far as I know the limit on the size of the atachment is limited by the SMTP server. Usually it is around 20M.
    Email wasn't designed for file transfer, but was more of an afterthought or hack that was put in place. It's a bad idea to send anything that big using email. The appropriate way to send files that large is to put them on a shared location and provide the receiving party with a link plus username and password if its confidential.

This may not be viable in your case. If not, I would suggest the sender use some very high compression using a program like 7zip (freeware). I'm not sure if pocket rar supports 7zip files, but it it does have them use that as compresses more than winrar or winzip typically.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    What email program are you useing? I use snapper and there are know limits.