1.    #1  
    I have tried to use an Mp3 file as an alarm and the file cannot be selected for some reason. I have the file in the mobile device /windows directory. Any thoughts?
    The built-in alarm function only supports Wave files. Other programs allow this. I am using pTravelAlarm which supports MP3 files.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  3.    #3  
    Ok so I converted the Mp3 to Wav and although it shows in the Play Sound Tab, I cannot select it???. Is it because it is a 1.9 MB file.
    Try saving the wav in the Application Data/Sounds folder. It might be too big, a notification that big may slow down your device anyway
    I am using a 2.15MB WAV as a ringtone and its working pretty well for me. Shouldn't be the size. I have been trying to use an MP3 as an alarm tone too. Going to convert an MP3 and give it a go.
    Palm Treo 750v
    Running on Three Australia
    1GB miniSD - Bluetooth GPS - Nokia CK-1W Car-Kit
    Hmm, well I just tried it with a 4.5MB WAV file and it wouldn't select it either. Going to have a fiddle with it and see if I can get it working.
    Palm Treo 750v
    Running on Three Australia
    1GB miniSD - Bluetooth GPS - Nokia CK-1W Car-Kit
  7.    #7  
    I found out that if a file of less than 1 mb is used it works Ok...otherwise it is the same problem. Anyway its working now that I have compressed the original 1.9MB file to 900k.