Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    another thing that worked for me was to email cs and done. they flaged me. update successful
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    the update definently helps battery life.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    They must be getting a lot of calls because they flatly refused to flag me for an update, saying that I did not need it. I could tell that the rep asked someone else and came back and held his ground. I got him to state clearly that he could not flag me for update. I just told them I would try later. Since I'm at 20224, I'm not real worried about it right now.
    I checked and had 20222. Then called and the automated voice started out by saying something like "We have determined your phone needs an update, please stay on the line for approximately one minute while we upload the update to your phone." Less than a minute later, the voice said, "Your update is completed." I hung up, soft reset (just in case even though the voice didn't mention that), and voila I now have 20225.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jphj44 View Post
    I checked and had 20222. Then called and the automated voice started out by saying something like "We have determined your phone needs an update, please stay on the line for approximately one minute while we upload the update to your phone." Less than a minute later, the voice said, "Your update is completed." I hung up, soft reset (just in case even though the voice didn't mention that), and voila I now have 20225.

Indeed......Claire automagically determined that I needed an update. Bang bang....one minute later, and it was done.

In this case, not talking to a human being was a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Indeed......Claire automagically determined that I needed an update. Bang bang....one minute later, and it was done.
    same here thx for the info guys
    Could be just a coincidence, but the PRL update which Claire did on her own fruition seems to have fixed my EVDO dropping down to 1x for the last few weeks.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Would not surprise me since PRL updates are specifically meant to enhance roaming procedures and tower preferences.
    Also got the automated upgrade.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    CS says that my account is flagged for the 20225 update, but when I call *2, I do not get the update.

Do you have to be in an EVDO area to receive the update? I am in 1XRTT nearly all the time.

I e-mailed eCare. They responded and said that I could get the PRL update on Palm's site. I really had to use restraint in my response to that eCare rep.

Anyway, how do I get the update if multiple CSRs say that may account is flagged, but calling *2 does not initiate the update?

Thanks,
    Davin
    People that used "Automatically connect every xx minutes" setting won't notice battery life improvement, but people that had the function disabled will notice the improvement because this update will actually obey the setting and NOT connect automatically.

Therefore the update doesn't directly "improve the battery." The update doesn't optimize or improve the hardware's usage of the battery but instead, it indirectly improves the battery life by fixing the Outlook bug.
    does or will verizon get a PRL update?
    Samsung i700 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Motorola Q >> Treo 700w >> Treo 700wx >> Sidekick 3 >> Sidekick iD >> Treo 750
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    this update seems to shut down my EVDO connection, when not in use. I come back to the phone frequently, and it is not connected, even though I am in a coverage area. But, it DOES connect when it needs to to check mail, like every 5 or 10 minutes, depeding on when, how often.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    When I call *2 it is a disconnected #, should I call *228 instead?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I just called 611 and the customer service rep told me to dail *22899. This didn't cahnge the PRL, even though it said that it did on the confirmqation screen. Am I doing something wrong? Why won't *2 go through when I dial it?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123