1.    #1  
    Vista is shipping with Mobile Device Center in the control panel but it does not seem to sync when you put your phone on the craddle. I may be wrong on this but below is what I had to use to get it to sync with Office 2007 Ultimate Outlook.

Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3 for Windows Vista (x86)

This is a beta so I am wodering if this is the proper thing to use but everything I read points that way. Dont even tell me Vista was not shipped with out this being released :lol: . You no longer use Active Sync with mobile devices in Vista. You instead use the Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center.

Looking to see if anyone has anything to add. Aslo now for some reason my bluetooth cababilties on my phone do not work I can not turn it on. This may or may now be related to Vista.
    At the moment that is the current Version of the WMDC.....Expect final code between now and Jan 30
  3.    #3  
    Tdar

Thanks for the post back.
    As far as I am aware Vista does NOT ship with Mobile Device Center; at least the RTM does not contain it. The way it is supposed to work is that Mobile Device Center is downloaded automatically when you first hook up a mobile device. This is a large download so it may appear nothing is happening when something actually is.

I have always installed the beta version mentioned in the first message before trying to sync. Then on my first USB sync attempt Windows Mobile Device Center would open up and attempt to set up the partnership without waiting for a download. It took a couple of attempts before everything linked up correctly then I was able to sync with no other issues.

Bluetooth syncing was similar except the default "Sync Center" auto play always pops up.

This is on Vista Ultimate RTM, Office 2007 Pro, and Mobile Device Center Beta3.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoodisi View Post
    As far as I am aware Vista does NOT ship with Mobile Device Center; at least the RTM does not contain it. The way it is supposed to work is that Mobile Device Center is downloaded automatically when you first hook up a mobile device. This is a large download so it may appear nothing is happening when something actually is.

I have always installed the beta version mentioned in the first message before trying to sync. Then on my first USB sync attempt Windows Mobile Device Center would open up and attempt to set up the partnership without waiting for a download. It took a couple of attempts before everything linked up correctly then I was able to sync with no other issues.

Bluetooth syncing was similar except the default "Sync Center" auto play always pops up.

This is on Vista Ultimate RTM, Office 2007 Pro, and Mobile Device Center Beta3.
    It's not happening because it's a beta....After next week when Vista is fully released I'd bet we will see WMDC go RTM and that it will be deployed as a Windows Update....
    The Final WMDC Code is now out:

Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center Driver for Windows Vista (x86)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...splayLang%3den

Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center Driver for Windows Vista (AMD64)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...splayLang%3den
    Its working wonderfully for me. Had to physically plug it in the first time but now it seems to connect via Bluetooth.