1.    #1  
    How to receive and send more then 160 character text messages on 700w Verizon some one please help
    Install the Palm Messaging app.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I thought 160 was the limit determined by the protocol (SMS). So, you might be able to send a message with the palm app that is >160, but it will be split in 2 - either at your cellphone provider's end, or at the recipient's cellphone. I get a ton of SMS's from people in the UK that always end up split in 2 at this end in the US.
    Correct. I'm assuming the op doesn't care that the text message will be split.

Poutlook limits a text at 160 chars. Palm Messaging will let you type up to 1600 chars (configurable). Each 160 char chunk is split. There is a counter that shows you how many chars you have entered and how many parts will be sent at the bottom of the compose window.
    still sucks we cant recieve more than 160 charaters...otherwise i always get the "preceding messege was modified to comply with this handset. Media objects were removed"
    hmm, I receive long text's from people all the time that were split into multiple parts (160). I don't get that error.
    I thought 160 was the limit determined by the protocol (SMS). So, you might be able to send a message with the palm app that is >160, but it will be split in 2 - either at your cellphone provider's end, or at the recipient's cellphone. I get a ton of SMS's from people in the UK that always end up split in 2 at this end in the US.
    PSB22: How do you send SMS to someone in the UK?! I do a lot of business with a guy in London and would LOVE to be able to SMS him rather than email/call..
    -How does this work?
    -Obviously there must be an extra charge for SMS messages sent outside the US?
    -Do i input the # the same way as on landline? (With area code 011)
    I SMS my sis in London all the time. Format is 011 44, then the number. I'm on Sprint and it's .15c to send and to receive (at least that's what I get charged).
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    hmm, I receive long text's from people all the time that were split into multiple parts (160). I don't get that error.
    i dont get it......anything over 160 characters, i get that error message and the text is cut off at the 160th character.....maybe its a wx thing......anyone with a700w have this problem also?
    where can I download the palm messaging app for my treo 700w?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Me neither.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    happypappy, I get that error when my wife sends me the little animations that she has available on her LG V. Some regular phones have little emoticons that you can send through SMS. The 700w doesn't support those, and that's when I get that error. Check to see what it is exactly that the person is trying to send you. I don't think you're getting that error because of the message length.
    i have asked them numerous times what they sent, if they sent any icons or images....and no they didnt....plain text.....i dont get it
    Quote Originally Posted by markgreene View Post
    where can I download the palm messaging app for my treo 700w?
    I too am wondering where i can get the palm messaging app? anyone able to point me in the right direction?