Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    my experience with telenav on my wx has been that the only data connection needed is the initial download of the the specific route and directions and voices. Once that's done, I'm off the data network. Of course, the GPS connection is needed throughout the route (same as with any device without built in GPS).

So maybe the difference was with your Sanyo phone? I've been in many 1X areas, using Telenav and had incoming calls hit my device fine. Once the call is over, my device would reconnect to the GPS and udpate my location and just keep on rockin'!
    If that's the case, then its alot different than it was on my Sanyo phone. It would constantly require a connection.

What about if you go off route? Does it need to get a connection to re-route you?

I was driving in Georgia last summer and my connection sucked there. I would hardly have any service, and I needed Telenav on my Sanyo and it wouldn't work. My signal was perfectly fine until we went off in the mountains off of the main roads. That version of Telenav just used the built-in GPS unit in the phone.

JohnnyMac - Do you know what version the most recent maps are?
    yep - anytime you need to reconnect to the server (for a new route, or a re-route), it will certainly use the data connection then. But once that route is sent to the device, the data connection will go back to dormant (not active).

In terms of which version of Telenav - let me check my device real quick. I have 4.1.19 on mine - and of course there are no maps to deal with, so I'm not sure I understand your question about the map version.
    yep - anytime you need to reconnect to the server (for a new route, or a re-route), it will certainly use the data connection then. But once that route is sent to the device, the data connection will go back to dormant (not active).

In terms of which version of Telenav - let me check my device real quick. I have 4.1.19 on mine - and of course there are no maps to deal with, so I'm not sure I understand your question about the map version.
    I'm sorry, I meant in terms of the TomTom email you got.
    I had a physical Magellan first, worst customer service in the world...

Then I bought Tom Tom for a 2 month trip to Europe. While The road construction in Europe is booming, I would get several round-abouts with more exits than Tom Tom Showed. It saved a million fights and a lot of stress. It was just incredible how much time and frustration it saved.

Along with the round about issue, I was taken right through the middle of a farm at one point, and surrounded by cows on a couple of occasions but for the most part, i can't imagine not having it.

I use for home as well and like it alot, going to like 6.0 better with the change from exit numbers to off ramp names ( In Cali we dont' use/know exit numbers even though they may be there).
    I have been using Telenav for about a month. It works well. Once the 5.0 release comes out the views and navigation are supposed to improve. And guess what, no upgrade fee for the new release.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I use and LOVE Telenav. No maps to buy. No card slot to lose by having to use the SD for maps.
    I just took a vacation to the country in So. Arizona, USA. No Cell phone coverage, and my TeleNav was useless to me there.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    I just spent the holidays traveling to family with both TT6 and INav. And while TT6 looks flashier and is slightly easier to access all the settings one-handed....but I prefer Inav. and here's why.
    1. INav makes much better use of the smaller screen of the Treo 700w/wx. TT6 just uses too much space on the bottom of the screen. I like seeing more of the map in Inav
    2. Inav has way better voice prompting. It tells you the distance to the next turn...AND WHAT ROAD YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. That's very very nice. TT6 only says turn right ahead.
    3. The map data is definately more complete in Inav. While TT6 is a big improvement over TT5, the data is still either old or erroneous. One example is; My house is 7 years old, but it wants me to turn left when I get to my cross street instead of the correct right.
    4. INav seems a little lighter on the resources than TT6.
    5. Oh and you get a PC version included with your purchase...which works great on my laptop as well.
    6. And it's cheaper!!

With that being said. I do like parts of TT6's interface. It's easy to operate one-handed, but sometimes you really have to go through a lot of menus to get to where you want to be.

And I REALLY REALLY WISH Inav would incorporate WM5 softmenus, but it works fine.

That's just my 2cents.
    iNav is the same as iGuidance, right? I heard that there is no way to make the program default to full screen. Is that true? It seems like a great program, but that would be a pain if I'd have to keep pushing some sort of hotkey to get rid of the top and bottom bars.
    i'm very happy with tt6 considering you can get it free if u look in the right places, maps as well...

all i needed to buy was a bt gps receiver which i got of ebay for 50 bucks shipped!!

couldnt ask for more
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    iNav is the same as iGuidance, right? I heard that there is no way to make the program default to full screen. Is that true? It seems like a great program, but that would be a pain if I'd have to keep pushing some sort of hotkey to get rid of the top and bottom bars.
    I use iGuidance and when you're not moving its not in full screen but when you start to drive it automatically switches to full screen.

I can't remember if that's a default setting or if I changed that, but I can take a look.

Basically it switches between full screen and windowed based on your movement, which I think is nice because if you're stopped you can have the bottom toolbar available to you if you needed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post

Yes they are the same. And mindfrost is correct. On my 700w I assigned the left d-pad action to switch between full and 'not-full' screen. That way I can change when I want to. I left the right d-pad action to the default action which cycles through the screens of route, gps status, etc. I love being able to see the complete gps status quickly.
    Had the Tomtom 5 for years and just got the updated maps / verision 6. I am extremely happy with the product, but god forbid you need to get in touch with them!

TOMTOM SUPPORT SUCKS!!!
    Hi,

i installed iguidance 3.0 on my 700wx. In the Destination screen am I missing some buttons? Isn't there supposed to be a 'favorites' button?

Last edited by patlo; 02/01/2007 at 02:22 AM.
    oh nevermind. haha stupid me. i found the favorites button in the menu window.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12