1.    #1  
    Hello all. Im having an issue accessing my 'drafts' folder in my text messages. I pick the folder, where there are 6 drafts, and it hangs. I let it sit over night and nothing. I either have to do a soft reset, or choose my picks wisely to shut texting down. Anyone know the root of this issue, how to fix or is there another place I can just delete the drafts????? Thanks in advance.

Jeff.
    Treo 700W
    Are you using the palm messaging app, if so which version?
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicamays View Post
    Are you using the palm messaging app, if so which version?
    Note, this is in the 700w/wx thread so I'm doubting he's using the palm messaging app.
  4.    #4  
    Dont know. Im using the one that came installed from the factory and have not installed any upgrade either.
    I aint nobody, dork!
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Note, this is in the 700w/wx thread so I'm doubting he's using the palm messaging app.
    He's actually referring to the Palm Threaded SMS for WM5 app found here:

http://ppcgeeks.com/palm-threaded-sm...1-21-t978.html

so his question is very relevant as doing an improper install will result in this exact behavior.

to answer the OP: I really can't, sorry. Seems to be some odd bug.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6.    #6  
    So I guess it would stand that Im using the WM5 app and still not sure what version.
    I aint nobody, dork!
  7.    #7  
    Bump. Anyone....anyone..... this is driving me crazy!!
    I aint nobody, dork!
    SKTools has a database tool that you could possibly use to find the draft files and delete them. It has an export to xml feature so you can view them with a browser.

Text messages are stored in \cemail.vol so look for db entries in that volume.

If all else fails you can always do a hard reset.
    Last edited by hannip; 12/05/2006 at 06:44 AM.
    This used to be a frequent problem, haven't heard about it much lately.

You have two options that I know of:

1. Hard reset. Blah

2. Install flexmail 2007, trial version. Migrate all of your accounts there, including text messaging. Now you can open your draft folder and DELETE ALL OF THEM. One of them is corrupt, and outlook saved it improperly. Now uninstall flexmail and you are back to normal

Like I said, one of your drafts is corrupted. This happened to me once when I was writing a message and I received a phone call. For whatever reason it automatically closes outlook (perhaps I ran out of RAM, it was a 700w, and wm closed the app automatically) and saves it to drafts, but thats a lot for a phone to do at one time and it didn't save properly.

Number 2 worked for me, good luck!
    Before you hard reset, google "fixedunreadcount", download the free program and run. this may solve your problem.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    This used to be a frequent problem, haven't heard about it much lately.

You have two options that I know of:

1. Hard reset. Blah

2. Install flexmail 2007, trial version. Migrate all of your accounts there, including text messaging. Now you can open your draft folder and DELETE ALL OF THEM. One of them is corrupt, and outlook saved it improperly. Now uninstall flexmail and you are back to normal

Like I said, one of your drafts is corrupted. This happened to me once when I was writing a message and I received a phone call. For whatever reason it automatically closes outlook (perhaps I ran out of RAM, it was a 700w, and wm closed the app automatically) and saves it to drafts, but thats a lot for a phone to do at one time and it didn't save properly.

Number 2 worked for me, good luck!

# 2 WORKED GREAT!! Thanks.

It was the same deal, replying to a tm and got a call.....boom, into drafts. Had 6 of them in there but now, ZAPPED!

I did like the look of the Flexmail app. Any known issues with it?? Thinking of going to that.
    I aint nobody, dork!