Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    I have both files on my storage card, and after I hard reset I copy/paste over to the proper folders on the phone. I never use the PC. Try sending them to the Storage card first, then ON THE PHONE try pasting them in the proper folders. Not sure why so many people get this error...
    Thanks, that may be the key.
    Wow. This works great. I twas very easy to install. I downloaded the .zip file directly to my miniSD card. I used Resco Explorer to unzip the files to a folder.
    I had to use the regular windows file explorer to copy the files to /windows and /windows/startup as described (as resco explorer wouldn't show me the .exe file for some reason.)
    I did have to reset twice as decribed (first time it didn't work.)

I'm now getting HSDPA speeds as verfied on http://dslreporst.com/mspeed/

Thanks everyone.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Hi all,

I installed the exe in the windows diredtori and the link file in winsows startup.

But it is not working. still getting 350k.

I have a french rom.

any idea.

thanks
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    Wow. This works great. I twas very easy to install. I downloaded the .zip file directly to my miniSD card. I used Resco Explorer to unzip the files to a folder.
    I had to use the regular windows file explorer to copy the files to /windows and /windows/startup as described (as resco explorer wouldn't show me the .exe file for some reason.)
    I did have to reset twice as decribed (first time it didn't work.)

I'm now getting HSDPA speeds as verfied on http://dslreporst.com/mspeed/

Thanks everyone.
    -Just some payback.
    Hi again,

Apart from the connection speed how can I know that the hack was installed correctly?

Thanks in advance.

regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by smmonla View Post
    Hi again,

Apart from the connection speed how can I know that the hack was installed correctly?

Thanks in advance.

regards,
    Does France have HSDPA yet? I didn't think they did. You need to find that out first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Does France have HSDPA yet? I didn't think they did. You need to find that out first.
    They do, but it's either on holiday or on strike for the next 12 weeks.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    We do have HSDPA in Paris
    Well, I applied th HSDPA hack on my 750 and low-and-behold about 5 minutes away from my home (on the way to work) I hit the magical HSDPA speed boundry.

SCOTTY I NEED WARP SPEED!

Feels good.

BTW, it took about 1 day for the hack to "kick in".
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    We do have HSDPA in Paris
    Did you reset yet? You have to to run the startup programs.
    Yes I did a reset.

What do you mean by run the startup programs?

thanks
    Yes I did a reset.

What do you mean by run the startup programs?

thanks
    Just putting a file in the startup folder does not enable anything. On reboot, Windows runs everything in that /Startup folder automatically. That's the whole reason for it. If you do not reset, it does not run, that's why I asked. But I figured you did, I was just reaching with that question. Some people have forgotten. Just to be clear:

*You unzipped the .zip file, and found 2 files extracted. One is an .ink file, the other an .exe
    *.ink was copied into My Device/Windows/Startup
    *.exe was copied over to My Device/Windows
    *Soft reboot.

That should be it. You cannot "paste shortcut," and go back ionto your file explorer and make sure both files are where they're supposed to be. And make sure they're the right files.
    thanks for your replies,

what i have noticed is that the shorcut does not have an extension .ink.

But the type is shorcut.

Is it normal?

thanks
    Thanks for posting this - very interesting.

does anyone know if this will work on vodafone in the uk.

after applying the hack i dont see much difference, i am based in the city of london.
    thanks for your replies,

what i have noticed is that the shorcut does not have an extension .ink.

But the type is shorcut.

Is it normal?

thanks
    It might not say the extension, that's fine, but it is the smaller of the 2 files.
    Quote Originally Posted by barneyrubble View Post
    Thanks for posting this - very interesting.

does anyone know if this will work on vodafone in the uk.

after applying the hack i dont see much difference, i am based in the city of london.
    If London has HSDPA, it should work.
    maybe I just like going to mspeed & testing/seeing the B-E-A-tiful 900+ blazing results, but i've found the last few nights that I get throttled back to sub-400s for some unknown reason.?. then, last night I re-enabled the hsdpa (after sluggishness) & BOOM I was back-up to turbo...anyone else get this? hate 2 have keep reseting...plus, how do u know when hs or ls(low speed)?
    P.S. 750 is now $99 on amazon.
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    I didn't see where anyone has posted a cab file for this hack, so I put one together. I don't own a Treo anymore, but I did touch a 750 the other day

It simply contains the SetHSDPA.exe and the link to it, and places them in the correct folders. Hopefully this will help those of you who are having problems when copying the files over manually.

[edit]I removed the attachment and am providing a direct link to the cab file so that you can download it directly to your device without having to unzip[/edit]

http://urprey.com/treo/750hsdpahackv2.cab

I sent a PM to the original poster to ask him if he could update his original post with this link.
    Last edited by URPREY; 01/17/2007 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Changed file attachment to direct cab link

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
    I didn't see where anyone has posted a cab file for this hack, so I put one together. I don't own a Treo anymore, but I did touch a 750 the other day

It simply contains the SetHSDPA.exe and the link to it, and places them in the correct folders. Hopefully this will help those of you who are having problems when copying the files over manually.

I had to zip it so the board would accept the attachment. Let me know if it works for you, and props to the original poster for this nice find!
    Urprey - you have made a BUNCH of newbies day. TXS
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast