Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    I've been in UMTS areas several times, and I've never been able to get speeds over 300 kbps according to DSL Reports.

I have SetHSDPA in the /windows directory. I activate HSDPA, save (which automatically does a soft reset) and then run the test.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
  2.    #82  
    Place a copy of the file SetHSDPAv2 to the \windows\startup directory. Reboot and away you go.

Hope that helps
    Silly question guys, but I've just changed from a Mio A701 to a Treo 750v today.

When I go to the www.dslreports.com/mspeed site, I just get a message that my browser is not fully Java compliant, and won't work.

Any tips to a Treo newbie?
  4.    #84  
    I'd try it a couple of more times and then do a "hard" reset of the Treo. It should be compatible right after you boot without up loading a Java updates.

Let us know.
    Hmmm, did a hard reset, & tried again - same problem.

Does it have anything to do with it still being locked to Vodafone uk?

**Update**

It has everything to do with Vodafone's 3G network.

If I use WiFi or Activesync - browser works OK - then if I disconnect WiFi, leaving browser on screen, and connect to Vodafone - speed test runs - once only!
    Last edited by spikesclone; 01/12/2007 at 02:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Lovely WM tells me it's an unsigned program and I can't install it.

I know there's a hack for the WM5 Smartphone (found one & used it for my Qtek 8500), but is there one for WM5 PocketPC?

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by tstaiano View Post
    Lovely WM tells me it's an unsigned program and I can't install it.

I know there's a hack for the WM5 Smartphone (found one & used it for my Qtek 8500), but is there one for WM5 PocketPC?

TIA
    Try it again. You missed the option to install anyway.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda View Post
    Try it again. You missed the option to install anyway.
    Now just to get to the UMTS area around here. Pain in the a**, it's only like 1/2mi from my house to get in the coverage area.

I'll post speed reports when I get the chance to get out & give 'er a whirl.
    Sorry for the newb question here gang - but I'm a Palm OS convert and I'm struggling...

i'm new WM5 and have no idea how to get this working...

when i download the from the links on page one to my Treo and try to open them, it the error message says I need to run them first... am in not unzipping them or something? if not, how do i unzip them on the 750?

can someone email me the steps u took to get it installed... thanks - jscottcj@hotmail

thx again
    -jscott
    Are you downloading directly on the Treo? I wouldn't recommend that. At the very least you would need an unzip utility on the Treo first.

Download the files to a computer. Assuming you have a Windows computer, connect the Treo and once Activesync connects up, in the Activesync window find the menu item for "Explore". This will open a window where you can browse through the hierarchy on the Treo. Then install the items in the correct areas and follow the rest of the installation instructions.

Keep in mind that this is a hack. Several have reported it working, some have reported it causing problems. If it was working without issues, it's likely Palm would have enabled it in the first place. So don't be surprised if it causes issues.

Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj View Post
    Sorry for the newb question here gang - but I'm a Palm OS convert and I'm struggling...

i'm new WM5 and have no idea how to get this working...

when i download the from the links on page one to my Treo and try to open them, it the error message says I need to run them first... am in not unzipping them or something? if not, how do i unzip them on the 750?

can someone email me the steps u took to get it installed... thanks - jscottcj@hotmail

thx again
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Make sure you are using the original 2 files - the SetHSDPA.exe and the included shortcut - don't create your own (for some reason).

You *don't* need to run the tweak if you have the shortcut in the /windows/startup folder and the .exe in the /windows folder. Reboot and away you go.
    Jer 23:29
    Quote Originally Posted by JPVann View Post
    don't create your own (for some reason).
    Not "for some reason", but because the included link has a parameter:

"SetHSDPA.exe" /Enable
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    thanx for the tip bcaslis... i'll give it a go
    -jscott
    I can copy the link file over just fine but when I try to copy the .exe file into the \windows directory, it gives me an error message about the file being read only. Then when I change the properties and try to copy it, I get the same can't copy error.

Anyone else having this issue?
    I am having that identical issue... I can copy the link and the fit file with no problem... but the .exe file (SetHSDPA.exe) is meeting with an "Access denied" error -

Any other work arounds out there... I've already tried copying to a created downloads folder first... still "Access denied error"

Thx in advance
    -jscott
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj View Post
    I am having that identical issue... I can copy the link and the fit file with no problem... but the .exe file (SetHSDPA.exe) is meeting with an "Access denied" error -

Any other work arounds out there... I've already tried copying to a created downloads folder first... still "Access denied error"

Thx in advance
    Take a look on the 2nd page of this thread and you should find a fix. Bottomline is move the fileto the an SD card and use the 750's File Explorer program to move them to the correct directory. Or use the other method of copying them to My Documents and then in with File Explorer.

Regards
    I AM SOOOOO LOST I need help with this
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking517 View Post
    I AM SOOOOO LOST I need help with this
    What part are you lost with?
    1. Did you unzip the file?
    2. Are you connected via Activesync?
    3. Have you placed the files on the 750?
    4. Do you understand the file structures?

Let us know.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I can confirm if:
    1. copy both SetHSPDA.exe and SetHSPDA.ink to a storage card
    2. Use resco explorer to MOVE exe to Windows...then MOVE ink to Windows/Startup
    3. Reset device TWICE
    4. Enjoy 800kps!!!

Works great in Salt Lake City and Tooele Counties, UT
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!

dslreports.com shows 750-800.

I have a couple of questions though.

1) If I do a hard reset, do I have to install/run the tweak again?
    2) Does the tweak have to remain installed?
    3) What happens when the firmware comes out? Do we need to remove the tweak first?

Thanks.
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast