Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treonu-b View Post
    I wonder if this will require different hardware. It says "HSDPA," which are treo's are equipped for, but EV_DO rev A requires a newer modem. I hope this isn't the case, 7.2 Mbps would be SICK!
    Okay...I have tried and tried to get this hack to work, and so far nothing. I copied the sethsdpa.exe file into the downloads file then copied it over like some have done to my device/windows/startup and fit4cat still does not see it. I added in the link file....still no joy. I copied from my desktop into my storage card, then copied as above. No joy. Fit4cat says it can't be found. What am I doing wrong?

J
    There should also be a copy in the /Windows folder. Thats where the program looks.
    A copy of both the link and exe, or just the exe file?
    I assume you mean the text in fit4cat that says \Windows\SetHSDPA.exe not found? I saw that also, but I clicked on the enabled button and got the enable confirmation dialog box anyways. It was working for me for awhile but quite working (no amount of re-enabling it would work) so I hard reset and went back to a backup.

I asked here if anyone else was seeing this text but never got a reply so I guess nobody else was seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by doctob View Post
    Okay...I have tried and tried to get this hack to work, and so far nothing. I copied the sethsdpa.exe file into the downloads file then copied it over like some have done to my device/windows/startup and fit4cat still does not see it. I added in the link file....still no joy. I copied from my desktop into my storage card, then copied as above. No joy. Fit4cat says it can't be found. What am I doing wrong?

J
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I am about ready to go back to the 8525. I am getting kind of fed up with what this phone does not do.

J
    Well, it says enabled now. However, I am only getting UMTS speeds. I know my tower at home is HSDPA enabled as my blackjack and TyTn I used to have were pulling no less the 700kbps here. I am averaging 350 after the hack on my Treo. Don't know....I am frustrated to say the least.

J
    Keep in mind that phone was only released with UMTS functionality. It's not like it doesn't do what it was supposed to. This is a hack done by an individual. I have no doubts there are serious bugs in an HSDPA implementation in the ROMs, otherwise why wouldn't Palm have released it with this support.

The hack can be frustrating when it doesn't work, but it's not Palm's fault on this one.
    A copy of both the link and exe, or just the exe file?
    Just the exe. I made my own "shortcut" link in the startup folder
    Quote Originally Posted by jimf View Post
    Moderators: Please make this thread sticky, everyone will be looking for this info...
    <pinned>
  11.    #71  
    The SetHSDPA must be in the \windows directory on the 750.

If it still doesn't work correctly, soft reset and try again. I've had to do this a couple of times.

Regards the comment about the bugs in ROM. I think you're right, I believe Cingular has to work on the HSDPA piece before release. Also, with the HSDPA I think an extended capacity battery will be needed.

Hope this helps.
    I just got it working. WOW!! I love it. Now, if only the damn phonebook would sync I could love it. Works well with my BMW. No problems. The jetwaremobile software shows signal strength now with version 1.20.

I did pick up the 8525 last night. Syncs phonebook natively. Does disconnect on occasion, but with jetwaremobile shows everything it should.

Decisions...decisions...
    What BMW do you have? I've had lots of problems. Sometimes it shows connected but it I try to call there is no audio. Does the signal strength change when you drive? I've some phones (Treo 700p for one) that only show the strength when connected but it doesn't seem to change when driving.

I just got it working. WOW!! I love it. Now, if only the damn phonebook would sync I could love it. Works well with my BMW. No problems. The jetwaremobile software shows signal strength now with version 1.20.

I did pick up the 8525 last night. Syncs phonebook natively. Does disconnect on occasion, but with jetwaremobile shows everything it should.

Decisions...decisions...
    I have an 07 530i. I think you and I have talked about this on another forum. I have L7, Nav, iDrive. The signal strength does update, and change while driving. Seems pretty accurate too from looking at it.

I love the earpiece volume and sound on the treo, but hate other things. Reception appears to be subpar to the 8525 too, at least perceived. I don't know what I am going to do. Now that HSDPA is working, it is tempting to keep the treo. But default phonebook syncing on the 8525 and just overall refined UI seems to be calling. I have 30 days. I think I will return the treo, and wait for the cingy version (rumored to be next 10 days according to my FAN rep).

What do you all think?
    I haven't tried the 8525, but I tried the HTC TyTN. Just couldn't get past the form factor, just didn't work for me as a phone and I found sliding the keyboard open for some functions but closed for other annoying. The 750v, at least when on UMTS, seems like the best voice quality of any Treo I've tried and at least as good as the TyTN. I think it was also a bit better than a Nokia E61 I tried. I've seen lots of comments on the E61 but I just didn't find it very good as a phone both too wide and nothing special about the reception. My main gripe with the 750 has been bluetooth with my car, and secondarily my dislike of WM5. But I love it's form factor the best of anything I've tried.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Cingular just launched 3G in LA! Installed this app and I am cruising along.

Thanks guys!
    I tried this hack, it works: I get the same speed I get with my samsung sgh-z560 (about 1,6Mbps).

Unfortunately the treo is not so stable, with the samsung i can download Gbytes of data w/o any interruptions, with the treo the connection hangs after few minutes in UMTS mode, and after few seconds in HSDPA.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Quote Originally Posted by InnerGeek View Post
    Cingular just launched 3G in LA! Installed this app and I am cruising along.
    !
    Do you need a new SIM to get 3G?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Depending on how old your SIM card is, yes you will probably need a new one. It should have the 3G logo on it. Head down to your local Cingular store and they should swap it out for you for free.

A
    Quote Originally Posted by InnerGeek View Post
    Depending on how old your SIM card is, yes you will probably need a new one. It should have the 3G logo on it. Head down to your local Cingular store and they should swap it out for you for free.
    InnerGeek - Thanks the update.

So this will mean a problem or decision for all ATT SIM (Cingular Blue) users. We have to move to Cingular Orange plan - which may not be favorable compare to what we have now
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast