Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Moderators: Please make this thread sticky, everyone will be looking for this info...
    I was able to connect to HSDPA at work today but at home I'm only getting UMTS speeds. I've tried re-enabling it several times with no difference. I thought Cingular had HSDPA everywhere they had UMTS?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I'm still unable to get HSDPA working again today. Has anyone else seen it stop working?
  4.    #44  
    I would run the Fit4Cat again.

Maybe some of these issues a few users are seeing is what prompted Cingular to hold off the US release of the Treo 750.

My device has run smoothly since the initial issues were worked out.
    I have tried to run fit4cat several times now. It just doesn't seem to do anything anymore. Very strange.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Has anyone run upload speed tests for UMTS vs HSDPA? This has always been my problem bottleneck with DUN over Cingular Edge.
    Does the indicator at the top of the screen change from a U to like an H or something?? Its like an alphabet soup up there!! G, E, U, H.....
    Palm Treo 750v
    Running on Three Australia
    1GB miniSD - Bluetooth GPS - Nokia CK-1W Car-Kit
    U for UMTS or HSDPA
    G for GPRS or EDGE

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellO View Post
    Does the indicator at the top of the screen change from a U to like an H or something?? Its like an alphabet soup up there!! G, E, U, H.....
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Please be aware that with this hack most devices (HTC and Palm) will have issues voice calls... You just wont get them!

It's the reason why they didn't release it as HSDPA ready device from the of set...

It is highly likely that a HSPDA upgrade is on it's way soon though...

Thanks

Keni
    http://blogs.conchango.com/kenibarwick
    Quote Originally Posted by keni View Post
    Please be aware that with this hack most devices (HTC and Palm) will have issues voice calls... You just wont get them!

It's the reason why they didn't release it as HSDPA ready device from the of set...

Thanks

Keni
    I've had absolutely no issues with voice calls. I will test calling myself, and make calls, throughout the day, with no issues. May be market dependent.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I was able to connect to HSDPA at work today but at home I'm only getting UMTS speeds. I've tried re-enabling it several times with no difference. I thought Cingular had HSDPA everywhere they had UMTS?
    I only get UMTS at work, but HSDPA at home, on both the Treo (evidenced by d/l speeds) and the Option GT Max card on my notebook (evidenced by the nomenclature "UMTS" under "Network Type" in the Cingular software when I'm at the office, and "HSDPA" at home). Not sure why.
    What kind of issues (any links?)? The HTC TyTN already ships with HSDPA enabled, it doesn't need a hack.

Quote Originally Posted by keni View Post

Thanks

Keni
    My TyTn works perfectly.

Note: this hack came from the Hermes devices, your problems may have somthing to do with the Palm.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Is every UMTS area also HSDPA? I had a UMTS signal at lunch today, but according to DSL Reports, I was only getting between 200 and 300 kbs.

I even enabled HSDPA again and did the soft reset.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Not every UMTS is HSDPA. I was getting it initially but it just stopped working for me. No matter how many times I tried it wouldn't work anymore. I finally gave up and hard reset and restored from my backup I made just before installing it.

Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda View Post
    Is every UMTS area also HSDPA? I had a UMTS signal at lunch today, but according to DSL Reports, I was only getting between 200 and 300 kbs.

I even enabled HSDPA again and did the soft reset.
    200-300kbit is UMTS speeds. I get 280kbit on the dsl speed test. Not sure if all areas over there with UMTS should be HSDPA or not.
    Palm Treo 750v
    Running on Three Australia
    1GB miniSD - Bluetooth GPS - Nokia CK-1W Car-Kit
    All I can say is..

THANK YOU!!!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    It depends which market you buy it in. Buy yes, some of the TyTns do come hsdpa enabled.

Though most will be enabled in with AKU3.3, as will the Palm with AKU3.x.3.
    I hear a rumor that Palm may also gets a AKU2.6.3 this month.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treonu-b View Post

That's great news.
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast