Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425
    Quote Originally Posted by prbmsolver View Post
    I am very new to Palm and about to get a treo 750 with At&t service through my company. They are having us install a 3rd party software from Good Link that alows them to control phone and possibly track us on GPS. I know that you can shut the GPS however not sure that they can't turn it back on remotely... There is no way to shut phone down completely unless you remove the battery and that could be very cumbersome...Can anyone come up with a solution, possibly installing a switch to shut power off through the back cover...I know this all sounds insane, however there are many sales people worried about the same thing....If I am in wrong forum please direct me....
    the 750 lacks GPS capability. they would have to be doing it by triangulating your cell phone signal ala CSI. Just turn off the phone's radio.
    My wireless manager is no longer working since I did this hack. Am I the only one that has experienced this?

update. did a hard reset, and redid this hack with out the fit4cat tool. now getting hsdpa speeds of 1029...
    Last edited by mtiberio; 11/28/2007 at 06:31 AM.
    Should i apply the hack BEFORE upgrading to the new windows mobile?

or AFTER upgrading to the new windows mobile?

(im on windows mobile 5 at the moment.)

update.. i just used this magical function named "search," and magic happened. MAGIC
    You can solve 99% of the Treo's problems with a hard reset.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    No hack is needed with WM6. That goes for any flavor from the original leaked version up to the latest official AT&T ROM.
    Which icon means you have higher speed? I see an "E" now.
    E = Edge 2.5G
    3G = obviously 3G
    H = HSDPA 3.5G
    G = GPRS
    Can someone "unsticky" this thread. It seems kind of pointless now that WM6 is out. If someone really wanted to find it let them search for it but why waste the top level of the forum on it?
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    [B]I used to own a Treo 600 on the Sprint network...[B] Now I have the Treo 750w, on the AT&T network. I would like to know if there's still away I can update the software from version 5 to Windows Mobile 6 or 6.1... Can anyone help me?? I'm trying to get away from a Blackberry Curve w/ No Sound, and go back to Window Mobile for GOOD! Plus I'd like to kit the Treo out w/ my 4gb memory card. Please help. someone... PLEASE?!
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425