Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 LastLast
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I just got my phone and did a speed test with cnet..i got 2040 kbps and it has always showed the U....I have not hacked the phone in any way.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    cause its registering cingulars proxy
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    ive had the hsdpa hack for a while and its worked great. but i did a hard reset and reapplied the hack and its no longer working everythings in the right place and i live in a 3g area im constantly getting 300 on mobile speed tests why is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by kr3st View Post
    ive had the hsdpa hack for a while and its worked great. but i did a hard reset and reapplied the hack and its no longer working everythings in the right place and i live in a 3g area im constantly getting 300 on mobile speed tests why is this?
    Soft reset with a 3rd party method, then soft reset again using the stylus-pinhole method. Should work
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    i did this and it worked! thanks alot! why is it that i had to do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by kr3st View Post
    i did this and it worked! thanks alot! why is it that i had to do that?
    LOL. If there was a logical answer I would give it to you....
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Soft reset with a 3rd party method, then soft reset again using the stylus-pinhole method. Should work
    what is "Soft reset with a 3rd party method"?

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by dartworth View Post
    what is "Soft reset with a 3rd party method"?

TIA
    Any way of resetting through a program on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Any way of resetting through a program on the phone.

Can you give an example...
    Quote Originally Posted by dartworth View Post
    Can you give an example...
    Running a program like softreset.exe or running a application function button like what's in iLauncher or Sbp Pocket Plus.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    ahh..thanks for the info...
    Hi,
    I cant't even copy the sethsdpa.exe. my Treo says "not possible to copy, acess denied" !!!
    How can i proceed ???
    Tks.
    I recommend just use the .CAB installer here:
    http://www.gadgetech.info/treo/hacks/hsdpa/
    It takes all of the work out of it, just does it for you.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    I recommend just use the .CAB installer here:
    http://www.gadgetech.info/treo/hacks/hsdpa/
    It takes all of the work out of it, just does it for you.
    Works like a charm, i get over 750kbps!

Thanks everybody.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Why is their a need to hack to get HSDPA? Shouldn't Cingular phones be shipping now ready to roll on HSDPA?

Which do you think is faster and has more coverage accross the country, HSDPA or EVDO?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    more coverage is evdo... faster... im not sure of... can someone else help me answer this one?
    Speed is really about the same. You'll hear arguments either way about one being a little faster than the other, but in terms of the initial release of EVDO and HSDPA which is what the current phones use, they're comparable.
    As they upgrade EV-DO and HSDPA going forward it'll be an interesting race, but that'll require a new phone to take advantage of it.

So one might ask why AT&T(Cingular) and not verizon or sprint if that's the case?
    I happen to think AT&T sounds better, and it's a lot cheaper for me.
    I'm paying about $110 for two lines with unlimited internet and 200 text messages each. I can't get away with that on Verizon.
    Hi,

I have posted a number of times here in n effort to get HSDPA DUN speeds on my Vodafone Treo 750V using a usb connection with my laptop. I can finally report success, and would like to share a few tips.

1. My operator uses a different apn for HSDPA than standard 3G (hs.vodafone.ie).

2. Disable push email in activesync before connecting.

3. I need to use the sethadpa cab at the start of this post, plus the HTC tweaks application to enable HSDPA.

4. Use PDAnet.

Now consistently getting speeds of 500kbps using DUN over usb, maximum speed so far 1016kbps.

Ronan
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Why do Cingular phones require a hack to get HSDPA? When will they release phones that do not require it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Androw View Post
    Why do Cingular phones require a hack to get HSDPA? When will they release phones that do not require it?
    Cingular phones usually aren't. This phone is made by Palm and Palm had a lot of problems during with HSDPA during Cingular certification testing that they needed time to fix. Rather than delay the release of the phone by 2-3 months to get HSDPA working, they released it with UMTS only and promised an HSDPA update within a few months.

For some reason they decided to hold off on the HSDPA for Wm5 update and instead release WM6 update that (would include HSDPA), so kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I can understand from their standpoint why it would make sense as doing a Cingular certification isn't a trivial process.

As a result the phone is still sold with UMTS only until the software is available.

Oddly enough the HSDPA hack seems to work without any problems. I guess it'd debatable whether it's working for all of us half the time, but at least we have something until the real fix is released.