Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Anyone else having horrible voice reception and dropped calls since enabling this?

I sure am. Unless itís just a coincidence that a tower is out near my office or something like that. Have 3 bars and dropping calls like mad!

Joe
    When you run the fit4cat program, in the HSDPA "box" do you see a message under the buttons "\Windows\SetHSDPA.exe not found"? I have it there but I still see the text. Still trying to get it running so far.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaweil View Post
    . Now if I just lived in an area that has HSPDA or even UTMS rolled out
    .....2nd that! Wish TMo would hurry up and release UMTS!
  4.    #24  
    Did you put "SetHSDPAv2" into the mobile device \windows? If your still having a problem put a copy in \windows\startup.

The reason you are getting the message "\Windows\SetHSDPA.exe not found" is almost 100% cured by the above.

Good luck
    The folder was SetHSDPAv2, but the file inside was SetHSDPA.exe I put that in \Windows and I put the link for it into \Windows\Startup . Isn't that what I'm supposed to do?

Do you see the text below the enable buttons in the HSDPA "box" in the phone tab of set4fit?

Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    Did you put "SetHSDPAv2" into the mobile device \windows? If your still having a problem put a copy in \windows\startup.

The reason you are getting the message "\Windows\SetHSDPA.exe not found" is almost 100% cured by the above.

Good luck
    OK, I was able to get it working. I had copied the supplied link file to the startup directory. I deleted that and manually created a shortcut from exe. I'm getting 785-839kbit/sec download. Definitely HSDPA speeds. The native bluetooth DUN also seems to be working, don't know why it's not for others. Brief calls in and out seem to work.

Still testing, but I'm very suspicious that there must be a catch. Why would Palm disable HSDPA support if it was already in there? Doesn't make much sense.
    Bcaslis, I see that you are sticking to the 750 instead of the 680, i was in a dilemna here and finally decded on the 750, I need some help here altho it is out of context of this thread, I will be using this on t-mobile and need help with settings for wap/web. also, do you know how to remap the left and right soft keys. my apologies if this has been discussed before.
    Thanks
    Actually I haven't decided between them, I'm still flip-floping. My biggest issue is the 680 works great with my car, the 750v terribly.

I don't know how to remap the soft keys, but I haven't tried since they don't bother me. The 750v should be able to pick up the settings directly from the SIM card. Mine did it from both Cingular and T-Mobile SIM cards (I don't have the T-Mobile anymore). If you don't have the 750 yet, I would put in the sim, do a hard reset and see if it picks things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Treobangla View Post
    Bcaslis, I see that you are sticking to the 750 instead of the 680, i was in a dilemna here and finally decded on the 750, I need some help here altho it is out of context of this thread, I will be using this on t-mobile and need help with settings for wap/web. also, do you know how to remap the left and right soft keys. my apologies if this has been discussed before.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Actually I haven't decided between them, I'm still flip-floping. My biggest issue is the 680 works great with my car, the 750v terribly.

I don't know how to remap the soft keys, but I haven't tried since they don't bother me. The 750v should be able to pick up the settings directly from the SIM card. Mine did it from both Cingular and T-Mobile SIM cards (I don't have the T-Mobile anymore). If you don't have the 750 yet, I would put in the sim, do a hard reset and see if it picks things up.
    Thanks so much, I had put in the sim and nothing was picked up, I will do the hard reset with the SIM in this time and see if it is picked up. Did you have any issues with T-mobile when you had T-mob.
    Thanks
  10. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Everyone posting 750k/sec here from inside the US is using Cingular, correct? And the name of the data plan is BroadbandConnect at $80/month?
    No, I'm using it with Cingular with the MediaMax200 (data plus SMS) package for $19.99 a month (along with a voice plan).

Quote Originally Posted by aph View Post
    Everyone posting 750k/sec here from inside the US is using Cingular, correct? And the name of the data plan is BroadbandConnect at $80/month?
    I only used it for about 5 minutes with T-Mobile. But it seemed to work and pick up all the settings correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Treobangla View Post
    Thanks so much, I had put in the sim and nothing was picked up, I will do the hard reset with the SIM in this time and see if it is picked up. Did you have any issues with T-mobile when you had T-mob.
    Thanks
    I get access denied every time I try to put the exe in either the Windows or Windows/Startup folder.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda View Post
    I get access denied every time I try to put the exe in either the Windows or Windows/Startup folder.
    I got that too. Put it on an SD card and then use file utilty on the 750 to copy it to the windows folder. That will work.

Anyone else get the access denied error? How did you get around it?

Thanks.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by jpasint View Post
    I got that too. Put it on an SD card and then use file utilty on the 750 to copy it to the windows folder. That will work.

Anyone else get the access denied error? How did you get around it?

Thanks.

Joe

OK, I copied them to a folder on the 750 that I called Downloads. From there, I copied it to the Windows directory. Everything seems to function, but I won't be able to test it until I get into a 3G area. Maybe tomorrow.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    I am looking forward to trying this when HSDPA is activated on Three Australia early next year
    Palm Treo 750v
    Running on Three Australia
    1GB miniSD - Bluetooth GPS - Nokia CK-1W Car-Kit
    Hmm, since it will be god knows when till Cingular gets the 750, not to mention until an HSDPA unlocked version is available from Palm, this might be the development that makes me think about importing a 750v.
  18.    #38  
    How cool is this. We enabled a feature with some cobbed together stuff. Right on for us hacks
    HSPDA on the Treo is amazing--a big improvement over UMTS! This making me rethink WM and this device and making it more likely that I'll switch to Cingular from TMO. (I have one of each now.)

Thanks, bigben!
    Not specifically an HSDPA question, but does anyone else here see the huge "locating" (lookup) delays on Cingular? I've done the OpenDNS server change and that makes it better sometime.

But on a Treo 680 with no 3G, the lookups are virtually instantaneous. Always. Total web page download (especially if it's a mobile webpage) are often faster on the 680. I never saw delays like this on a Treo 700 on Verizon either. I was convinced this was a Cingular problem until I tried the 680. When the delays are small, the 750v can be joy with data. But 99% of the time it's latency lag city. I'm really wondering if there is some data incompatiblity with it and the Cingular data network.
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast