Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 488
  1. TREO1027's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetjunkies View Post
    Ok, this is wierd. I did uninstall this hack but tonight after weeks and weeks of only getting speeds of around 300, I was surfing around and thought this thing is running pretty quick. Sure enough, I went to dslreports and ran the speed test and got a test result twice of 900.
    Did you soft reset the device @ least twice? It worked for me, apparently just unistalling it doesn't "deactive" the hack, you alsoo need to soft reset it a couple of times.
  2.    #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by ro-76 View Post
    I too cannot do DUN (either USB modem link or bluetooth) with the hack enabled, which is a huge disappointment, since I really do not need HSDPA speeds on the phone, but do when using DUN.

    Has anyone got DUN and HSDPA working simultaneously? How do you do it? Bluetooth, USB or both?
    Are you using Goodlinks? If you are, try working offline. This is the only issue I've seen cause problems.
  3. #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by TREO1027 View Post
    Did you soft reset the device @ least twice? It worked for me, apparently just unistalling it doesn't "deactive" the hack, you alsoo need to soft reset it a couple of times.
    Well, not immediately, but I have done a few resets since.
  4. maevro's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirizill View Post
    I'm having a problem with my treo 750. I just got a storage card and when ever I try to cope this HSDPA hack it gives me a "Make sure your device has sufficient memory, that the file is not set as read-only". Someone help me out plz
    Funny because I was getting that too but I reset the phone and tried it again and it worked fine.

    I did the hack this evening and it is working well in NYC. I did a test at different times and got a few different speeds but the lowest I got was in the mid 600's.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
  5. #365  
    I have a unlocked Vodafone Treo 750V, on Cingular's 3G network in Miami.
    I enabled the HSDPA and am averaging 850-1050kbps. I showed the head of my IT department and he could not believe it. The hack is easy and it does work. Every site downloads like I have DSL!!!
    Last edited by Steven2420; 04/16/2007 at 11:52 AM.
    Steve
  6. JazJon's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #366  
    Hey guys, I'm upgrading from my HP iPAQ 6925 to the Treo 750. It's on order and on the way. (cant wait) I've been diving into the forums and was happy to find this HSDPA hack! I thought I was going to "settle" for UMTS on the 750 but was thrilled to read this thread.

    Question 1) Do I need to exchange my SIM for one that says 3G for UMTS/HSDPA to work? The Cingular SIM I have now is one that came with my iPAQ. "65Ksmartchip cingular" (white/orange stripe)

    Question 2) Since I'm giving up GPS the 6900 had, what is the best-smallest formfactor GPS receiver for the 750? (either Bluetooth, or miniSD)

    So when I picked the 750 it came down to the BlackJack vs 8525 vs Treo 750
    http://www.wmexperts.com/reviews/sma...5_smack_1.html
    . I really love having thumbboard out in front in the open ready for action. (quick text replies) so that ruled out the 8525. Beyond that it was touch screen and slick Treo custom features.
  7. #367  
    Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    Hey guys, I'm upgrading from my HP iPAQ 6925 to the Treo 750. It's on order and on the way. (cant wait) I've been diving into the forums and was happy to find this HSDPA hack! I thought I was going to "settle" for UMTS on the 750 but was thrilled to read this thread.

    Question 1) Do I need to exchange my SIM for one that says 3G for UMTS/HSDPA to work? The Cingular SIM I have now is one that came with my iPAQ. "65Ksmartchip cingular" (white/orange stripe)

    Question 2) Since I'm giving up GPS the 6900 had, what is the best-smallest formfactor GPS receiver for the 750? (either Bluetooth, or miniSD)

    So when I picked the 750 it came down to the BlackJack vs 8525 vs Treo 750
    http://www.wmexperts.com/reviews/sma...5_smack_1.html
    . I really love having thumbboard out in front in the open ready for action. (quick text replies) so that ruled out the 8525. Beyond that it was touch screen and slick Treo custom features.
    I use a Holux Bluetooth gps receiver with my Treo 750 - works flawlessly.
  8. maevro's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    So when I picked the 750 it came down to the BlackJack vs 8525 vs Treo 750
    http://www.wmexperts.com/reviews/sma...5_smack_1.html
    . I really love having thumbboard out in front in the open ready for action. (quick text replies) so that ruled out the 8525. Beyond that it was touch screen and slick Treo custom features.
    I have had all 3 of these phones and by far I like the Treo 750 the best.

    The Blackjack was nice but I am a fan of touchscreen and while the screen quality was amazing, it was very small. My biggest pet peave was that the scroll wheel was on the right side of the phone. The phone was slow and for some reason PIE would freak out a lot.

    I used to love the 8125 when I had it for a while, but after the BJ, I got the 8525. I realized that I love having an exposed keyboard. The phone was great but it is quite heavy and I keep it in my pocket. I can see why a lot of people love the 8525 and they put the scroll wheel on the right side which was great
    but I am over the slide keyboard. I don't use WiFi because I live and work in a 3G area but I am sure I would use it if I had it.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
  9. #369  
    I live about 30 minutes south of ATL, just outside of the upgraded service area where the only indicator I get is a G at the top of the screen. I can sit at home and run the speed test and get around 250kbit. I downloaded the hack and nothing happened.

    This weekend however, I was in ATL, on hwy 285 right at the airport and noticed I had a U at the top of the screen. I ran the test and it showed an 850 kbit. So the question I have "being a newbie to the treo world" is the higher speed a result of me doing the hack, changing locations, or both?

    Had I not done the hack and went into the ATL area, what type of speeds would I have seen on average? Would it have been the same as home, outside of the upgraded service area?

    Thanks.
  10. holmes4's Avatar
    Posts
    982 Posts
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    #370  
    The added speed was almost certainly due to changing locations to one where UMTS service was available.

    The HSPDA hack will do nothing for you unless you are in one of the few cities that have HSPDA service. There is not a visible indication on the Treo of HSPDA (maybe there will be when the official update comes out.)
  11. #371  
    I applied the hack to my 750 (Cingular) and restarted it, but speeds are still what they were (300-400). I'm in New York City...is HSDPA rolled out there?
  12. Mogy's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    #372  
    I have applied the hack to my 750 (Cingular) as well. The speed varies from 300 to 600 and it is great when the speed kicks in. However, once I loose the data connection, whether by syncing with Active Sync or by closing the connection manually, I cannot get a data connection back without turning the phone off and then on, or doing a soft reboot. Is this common among the crowd of hacksters?

    I understand if you are getting anything above 350 or so, you are seeing the benefits of the hack. I rarely got above 300 without the hack, but now I'm hitting 500 and 600 at times. Still waiting to see the 900. Arn't we speed greedy?
  13. maevro's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by PHL View Post
    I applied the hack to my 750 (Cingular) and restarted it, but speeds are still what they were (300-400). I'm in New York City...is HSDPA rolled out there?
    I think NYC is strange because some days I can get up as high as 850 and some days I only get in the 400's, but either way I guess its better then what I was getting before the hack. On average I am usually between 600 - 700.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
  14. Drom's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    #374  
    Hi, I bought a Cingular Treo 750 and I'm waiting its arrival

    However I've a couple of questions about the hack and the DUN:

    1) after reading this thread I didn't undertand if someone succeded in using the DUN with the hack enabled, is there anyone?

    2) If there is someone can he please explain clearly how to make the DUN work?

    Bye and thanks
  15. #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven2420 View Post
    I have a unlocked Vodafone Treo 750V, on Cingular's 3G network in Miami.
    I enabled the HSDPA and am averaging 850-1050kbps. I showed the head of my IT department and he could not believe it. The hack is easy and it does work. Every site downloads like I have DSL!!!
    Yep I have to agree 3G in Miami is amazing, I use the DUN and it feels like im using DSL.
  16. #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdelauz02 View Post
    Yep I have to agree 3G in Miami is amazing, I use the DUN and it feels like im using DSL.
    Are you using DUN over USB or BT? I can get HSDPA speeds just fine, but the modem connection is the problem. I have been told that this is a fundamental issue with the Treo as a very poor modem.

    What settings are you using in the modem setup? Are you using any unusual init string?

    Thanks,

    Ro
  17. holmes4's Avatar
    Posts
    982 Posts
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    #377  
    If you are using Bluetooth, you're going to be limited to about 250Kb/s. A USB connection will be much better. There is no "fundamental issue" other than the speed of Bluetooth.
  18. #378  
    i know this question has been asked couple times... but im having trouble getting the HSDPA to work. i just picked up a 750 from cingular and i live in the los angeles area. i was wondering if im doing this correctly...i have the sethsdpa.exe in the windows folder and the .ink in the windows/startup folder. i did a soft reset couple times and ran a speed test and i am barley getting a little over 200kb. and i also tried using the fit4cat hermes tweaker file, but i always get an error message. any suggestions? sorry for this newbie question, but anything would help thanx
  19. #379  
    Quote Originally Posted by ro-76 View Post
    Are you using DUN over USB or BT? I can get HSDPA speeds just fine, but the modem connection is the problem. I have been told that this is a fundamental issue with the Treo as a very poor modem.

    What settings are you using in the modem setup? Are you using any unusual init string?

    Thanks,

    Ro
    I am using USB. No setting besides the usual.
  20. #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by shorty View Post
    i know this question has been asked couple times... but im having trouble getting the HSDPA to work. i just picked up a 750 from cingular and i live in the los angeles area. i was wondering if im doing this correctly...i have the sethsdpa.exe in the windows folder and the .ink in the windows/startup folder. i did a soft reset couple times and ran a speed test and i am barley getting a little over 200kb. and i also tried using the fit4cat hermes tweaker file, but i always get an error message. any suggestions? sorry for this newbie question, but anything would help thanx
    I am in L.A. and get UMTS service in Universal City area, Downtown and LAX/Culver City. What you need to look for is the "U" icon, if that shows up then you should have HSDPA. I have been running the hack for a couple of months and generally exceed 250 when I do a 1 meg test on dsl reports.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB

Posting Permissions