Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 488
  1. 1234ipad's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    #321  
    Some of the posts here and elsewhere lead me to believe that older 750's are waiting on the upgrade, but newer 750's ship with it - true? In particular I'm asking about Cingular 750s.
  2. #322  
    i have a prepaid account on this phone as i have a main phone at work and have the latest sim but no 3 g symbol on sim card im getting 150-275 on speed test has anyone with prepaid got any higher than 300 with non 3 g card or prepaid i have the hack and changed the cingular proxy
  3. #323  
    Just got out to San Jose, CA yesterday and the hack works! I'm getting over 800kbps consistently.....very cool!
  4. cdd543's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by 180to650 View Post
    Some of the posts here and elsewhere lead me to believe that older 750's are waiting on the upgrade, but newer 750's ship with it - true? In particular I'm asking about Cingular 750s.
    I just got mine a few days ago from cingular...swapped blackberry 8800 and mine was set for umts until I did the hack.
  5. #325  
    For some reason, in the last couple of weeks I can't seem to crack much higher than 330 kbps. It used to be higer.
    Congestion?
    South San Jose and Los Gatos, CA
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  6. TREO1027's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #326  
    Im getting above 780, although battery life is down while on the HSDPA hack
  7. #327  
    Is anyone using this hack on Vodafone in Ireland?

    I have read everything on this post, and have verified that I have installed the hack correctly, even changed my apn to a specific hsdpa apn used by vodafone for broadband, but can never breach the 300kbps level on speed test, even with a strong signal in a hsdpa enabled area. I asked called customer service to ensure that hsdpa is enabled on my line, but still to no avail.

    Any suggestions please?
  8. #328  
    I'm using a Treo 750v with AKU 2.6.3.

    When I first ran the HSDPA hack I was getting about 300-330kbit.

    I changed my APN to a "non-NAT'd" APN by Vodafone New Zealand and now I get about 840-860kbit.

    Without the APN change I was definitely on normal UMTS speeds.

    For Vodafone NZ users:
    www.vodafone.net.nz = normal APN behind NAT, private IP
    direct.vodafone.net.nz = APN with no NAT, public IP

    Battery life is pretty ****e, I can't believe how quickly it sucks the battery even with the small screen! I've come from a K-JAM and that gave no exaggeration at least 3x as long battery life. *However* you don't get power or speed for free... so I shouldn't really complain...

    EDIT: Noticed that Voice Command was enabling itself on my device automatically... check this thread if you have the same issue... will be causing bad battery life too.
    Last edited by awojtas; 03/13/2007 at 08:31 PM.
  9. #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by awojtas View Post
    I'm using a Treo 750v with AKU 2.6.3.

    When I first ran the HSDPA hack I was getting about 300-330kbit.

    I changed my APN to a "non-NAT'd" APN by Vodafone New Zealand and now I get about 840-860kbit.

    Without the APN change I was definitely on normal UMTS speeds.

    For Vodafone NZ users:
    www.vodafone.net.nz = normal APN behind NAT, private IP
    direct.vodafone.net.nz = APN with no NAT, public IP

    Battery life is pretty ****e, I can't believe how quickly it sucks the battery even with the small screen! I've come from a K-JAM and that gave no exaggeration at least 3x as long battery life. *However* you don't get power or speed for free... so I shouldn't really complain...

    EDIT: Noticed that Voice Command was enabling itself on my device automatically... check this thread if you have the same issue... will be causing bad battery life too.
    The APN I'm now using is the one used by vodafone broadband users in Ireland. I assume that is not NAT'd?

    Ronan
  10. #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    For some reason, in the last couple of weeks I can't seem to crack much higher than 330 kbps. It used to be higer.
    Congestion?
    South San Jose and Los Gatos, CA
    Same here. I was in Tampa all this week and could not get over 300kbps either. I thought maybe it was the location but then when I got home to Cincinnati it was the same, could not get over 300. I was getting around 900 kbps right after the install but no longer. We purchased a new 750 for my wife that came yesterday and it is getting the same speeds without the hack that I am with the hack.
  11. #331  
    With the hack in San Jose, CA I am still able to get DUN it seems on a Mac and my Treo shows 644 kbit on DSL Reports. I used the fit4cat method instead of the combined cab.
  12. #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    For some reason, in the last couple of weeks I can't seem to crack much higher than 330 kbps. It used to be higer.
    Congestion?
    South San Jose and Los Gatos, CA
    I noticed this last weekend while in Kansas City which has UMTS but I could not get over 300. I get 250 here in a non-UMTS area. So now there is no speed increase in a UMTS area?
  13. #333  
    It's like the hack just disappeared from my Treo. Is there a way to see if it is still there?
  14. #334  
    I think it stilled show the U symbol.
  15. #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    I think it stilled show the U symbol.
    My Treo with the hack shows a little u, my wife's Treo that we received yesterday without the hack shows a Big U.
  16. #336  
    I hadn't heard of the little and big U. I wonder what's going on.
  17. #337  
    The U icon is big when you are connected without data. When you have a data connection it turns to a little U with two arrows underneath. I THINK that's what he's referring to. There are pictures in the Manual if you need them.
  18. #338  
    Regardless of the hack, if you're in a UMTS area, the "U" should be visible. The hack just enables additional speed gains from HSDPA.
  19. #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetjunkies View Post
    It's like the hack just disappeared from my Treo. Is there a way to see if it is still there?
    I lost HSDPA on day three in San Jose for no apparent reason. I tried to reinstall the hack, restart the phone, etc. and never got it back once I lost it. Oh well....it was fun for a couple of days.
  20. #340  
    moderateinny: I am currently in San Jose right now and I still get HSDPA speed at a min of 700. Are you picking up UMTS/HSDPA signal or this going through EDGE/GPRS? Reception could be spotty for UMTS/HSDPA within buildings--I know it is here where I am and I am in a densely populated area of San Jose too.

Posting Permissions