Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    About too do this.....you guys that did all this work for everyone are awesome, thank you!!

I read through the thread and only saw a couple posts claiming reception type issues after the install. Anyone else notice persistent reception/drops/data connection issues after the hack?

Thanks
    I have to wait till March for my carrier to enable 3.6Mbit UMTS. Argh!!

How fast is the Treo's HSDPA radio. Does it support speeds up to 3.6Mbit?
    Palm Treo 750v
    Running on Three Australia
    1GB miniSD - Bluetooth GPS - Nokia CK-1W Car-Kit
  3.    #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotogo View Post
    About too do this.....you guys that did all this work for everyone are awesome, thank you!!

I read through the thread and only saw a couple posts claiming reception type issues after the install. Anyone else notice persistent reception/drops/data connection issues after the hack?

Thanks
    Some problems noted here, some problems noted over at XDA Developers but in contrast to the 21000+ hits I think it is a nit.

Couple of other fellow hacks made this possible URPREY and Littlepat.
    Have any of you who have gotten HSDPA working on your 750 used it tethered to a laptop? If so:

- How tethered? (BT or cable?)
    - Speeds achieved upload and down? (BT or cable)
    - Make/model of laptop?

Thanks in advance.
    I've installed the cab and soft reset. Verified the files are in the right places. From my limited testing from Chantilly to Dulles this moring I was only getting speed tests in the 250-300 range.

I like several that have posted before me are not seeing the high data rates. Is this a tower upgrade issue. I thought as long as the "U" was showing and there was a good signal it just should work.

Anyone else in NoVA getting HSDPA rates?

Edit: looking back in the thread it appears it is taking a day or so for the hack to take affect. Wonder why that is. Someone suggested it has something to do with registering at a tower, but my 750 is virgin and no tower would know anything about it yet. I helped someone in Miami last night install this hack and it took effect right away.
    Last edited by hannip; 01/24/2007 at 01:59 PM.
    I seem to have to keep re-activating the fitcat/hsdpa hack every few days as my speeds seem to drop back down to 400 range...anyone else notice?
    I have to re-activate it every couple of days as well to keep the HSDPA speeds. I'm very impressed at how fast the 750 can go with this hack enabled.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I've installed the cab and soft reset. Verified the files are in the right places. From my limited testing from Chantilly to Dulles this moring I was only getting speed tests in the 250-300 range.

I like several that have posted before me are not seeing the high data rates. Is this a tower upgrade issue. I thought as long as the "U" was showing and there was a good signal it just should work.

Edit: looking back in the thread it appears it is taking a day or so for the hack to take affect. Wonder why that is. Someone suggested it has something to do with registering at a tower, but my 750 is virgin and no tower would know anything about it yet. I helped someone in Miami last night install this hack and it took effect right away.
    For some reason, HSDPA isn't constant. As if it reverts back to UMTS occasionally, perhaps because of signal strength, etc. Sometimes I'll get 300 range, then immediately do another test and it will be back over 500kbps also, so I'm not sure what the problem is. When I install the hack, I reset once w/a 3rd party app, then again with the pinhole, and it works right away. Don't ask me why though

I'm in Springfield. Most of the time I'm only in Edge coverage. When I do get the U icon, I get the same speeds you do (sometimes it gets into the low 400s). Once, at Springfield Mall, I managed to get over 900 kbs.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda View Post
    I'm in Springfield. Most of the time I'm only in Edge coverage. When I do get the U icon, I get the same speeds you do (sometimes it gets into the low 400s). Once, at Springfield Mall, I managed to get over 900 kbs.
    Wow, I thought umts was spotty where I am. I would've expected better coverage in Springfield since it's closer to d.c. I wonder how long it's going to take them to cover the area like it is with EVDO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    For some reason, HSDPA isn't constant. As if it reverts back to UMTS occasionally, perhaps because of signal strength, etc. Sometimes I'll get 300 range, then immediately do another test and it will be back over 500kbps also, so I'm not sure what the problem is. When I install the hack, I reset once w/a 3rd party app, then again with the pinhole, and it works right away. Don't ask me why though
    hmm, I never tried the pinhole reset yet. Maybe that is the key? Seems like voodoo to me.
    Wow, I thought umts was spotty where I am. I would've expected better coverage in Springfield since it's closer to d.c. I wonder how long it's going to take them to cover the area like it is with EVDO.

Good question. I live in Springfield and work in Newington and both places only get Edge coverage. Parts of Springfield do have 3G (like the mall).
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    On the Cingular coverage map, my area was 100% orange, then a month later 100% blue (3G). I literally woke up one morning and my phone had a nice big U on the top. Loved it. A month later, although my map is ALL blue in my area, I still wakeup with G sometimes, and only a reset brings the U back. What a PITA, and my phone doesn't have band selection (the Hermes of course), so I'm not sure why this is happening. Either way, EVDO coverage BLOWS 3G away right now, but is has been around for years already, so we'll see how it evolves...
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    i got my hsdpa workin a while ago and have done several test on dslreports.com/mspeed and get 800 - 900k in the orlando area... i got a java emulator(sp?) for my treo 750 and installed opera mini 3.0 ... went back to dslreports and tried to do a 1mb speed test and it says "unstable/too fast a result please choose a larger file... so whats goin on with that??? how is 1mb too big? whats goin on? are my speeds faster now just because of the browser? whats goin on? can anyone help?
    Try clearing cache and doing it again. If you are over 1Mbit/sec it will give you that error. I have gotten that on WiFi before though. I would try the cache first, it might be reloading instead of downloading...
    Quote Originally Posted by kr3st View Post
    ... went back to dslreports and tried to do a 1mb speed test and it says "unstable/too fast a result please choose a larger file... so whats goin on with that??? how is 1mb too big? whats goin on? are my speeds faster now just because of the browser? whats goin on? can anyone help?
    I get that error when I forget to detach my treo's usb cable to my laptop. If your usb cable is connected it will measure your laptop's network speed.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    cashe is cleared ... not hooked up to laptop... and no wifi card... still getting the same error... its not possible to be getting those errors ... cause I'm pretty sure I'm not over 1mbps well I shouldn't be 3g isn't that fast yet... so what could it be? I'm not mad about it I'd just like to know my speeds... thanks for the replys
    I wish I had that problem. The fastest speed I've tested so far is 474kbps.
    I now have the problem the other way around. I uninstall the cab for HSPDA and tested my speed and I was back around 300k. Today I did it again for the heck of it and got 900k!! I pulled the battery yesterday after I removed the cab and made sure the link was gone from the Windows startup folder and the sethspda.exe was also gone from the Windows dir. How did it keep the HSPDA going??
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeruoc View Post
    I now have the problem the other way around. I uninstall the cab for HSPDA and tested my speed and I was back around 300k. Today I did it again for the heck of it and got 900k!! I pulled the battery yesterday after I removed the cab and made sure the link was gone from the Windows startup folder and the sethspda.exe was also gone from the Windows dir. How did it keep the HSPDA going??
    Probably wasn't out of the registry yet. Try a reset with a 3rd party app AND THEN a pinhole reset after.