Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Hey folks. I just updated the page on my site to host the .CAB file created/posted by Uprey. I'm posting it there merely for your convenience.
    You can download the .cab file directly to your Treo via Internet Explorer so you don't have to unzip it first.:
    Direct download link:
    http://www.gadgetech.info/treo/hacks...SDPAhackV2.cab
    Here's the web page for it:
    http://www.gadgetech.info/treo/hacks/hsdpa/

Thanks again Uprey. I'm glad you got this in to a simple .cab file that's easy to install and uninstall.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
    Woohoo! Glad it's finally working for you guys

I love HSDPA speeds on my 8525-just got 855kbps with 1 bar of signal in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

I guess I'll be checking ebay for a 750 tonight...
    That's funny- I constantly switch back and forth between tose 2 phones. Thanks to TenGo Thumb I spend more time w/my 8525
    Hi,

The Cab file did not install on my Treo 750v.
    Couls the problem be that I have a french rom?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smmonla View Post
    Hi,

The Cab file did not install on my Treo 750v.
    Couls the problem be that I have a french rom?

Thanks
    Do you already have the .lnk file in your startup directory? That could cause it to fail.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    You are right, I deleted both files, then I could install the cab file.

Thanks a lot.
  6.    #226  
    Modified the original post today complete with the link to URPREY's cab. NICE work URPREY!!
    I downloaded and saved the cab file to a documents folder on the 750 and tapped to install it, but I also got a message saying that the file did not install successfully. I have nothing in my startup folder except poutlook.

Any suggestions from those with more experience than I?
    Third time was the charm. Got it installed and working (922kb). Thanks to all who made this easy for us neophytes.
    I NEED HELP. Ok, I installed and activated HSDPA with the the link and exe file. I went from 200 to around 550 in speed. My problem is not I am dropping calls like a madman. I deleted the files and have soft reset and I am still getting speeds around 550. I would like to roll back the hack and see if I still drop calls left and right. This phone SU*CKS! I have had more issues with it, it is supposed to make life better that the e61. The stability for me is way more important than stupid 3g!

I will still give the phone a chance. I may swap it out when my cop store gets more in and pray for something better.

If it is not the battery, it is the sound, if that all works fine, then I am dropping calls. What is next with the TREO 750?
    Delete the files, reset, and you should be hsdpa-free.

I don't think that is what's causing your dropped calls. Check and see if your sim card is loose. Whatever the problem is I don't believe it to be the HSDPA hack.
    I have never reached above 650 kbit/sec? Could the hack not be installed?

I am not getting speed anywhere close to everyone else, my aircard 860 gets much higher speeds for some reason?
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLweather View Post
    I have never reached above 650 kbit/sec? Could the hack not be installed?

I am not getting speed anywhere close to everyone else, my aircard 860 gets much higher speeds for some reason?
    UMTS without HSDPA cannot get 650 kbit/sec, I don't think at least. I could be wrong.

My advice: Delete the two files you put on your device. Then reset and take the battery out. Check SIM card, make sure its in tight. Replace battery and restart treo. Connect to the net and make sure you are not getting hsdpa speeds (300kb/sec range). Then install the new cab file in the first post of this thread.
    Ok, I am now getting speeds around 150 to 200. The hack has been removed. I will see if I still drop calls or not.

Thanks
    If there is no bugs with the hack, why would they not release it? Makes no sense, I bet that the hack was causing my drops but time will tell. I would rather have slower speeds and no drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLweather View Post
    If there is no bugs with the hack, why would they not release it?
    Have you tried to use the the 750 as a modem (via USB) ?

The connection hangs after few minutes when in umts mode, and after few seconds when in hsdpa.
    The phone I use usually as a modem (samsung sgh z560) can downloas gigabytes of data at 1,6 MBps without any glitches.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Well, I have applied the hack to my 750 which is on the T-mobile network here in the UK.

I have a very good 3G signal as they have just installed a new mast almost outside my office!.

Initially I was getting around 900 kbit/sec both here and at home. Now, however, I am getting some really variable results. Anything from 250 kbit/sec to 800 k/bit sec.

This is really confusing.

If pushed I would say that I'm not getting HSDPA speeds but that doesn't explain the occasional higher results

I have tried uninstalling the files and then re applying them but the initial consistency of the really high speeds that I had for a couple of days seems to have been lost.
  17.    #237  
    My take is that you're getting what you're suppose to - anything over the 280 mark is probably HSDPA vs UTMS.
    ok, is this normal?? I just did a hard reset and I'm still getting those HSDPA speeds.
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub View Post
    ok, is this normal?? I just did a hard reset and I'm still getting those HSDPA speeds.
    Check and see, but I'd guess the hard reset didn't erase the two files this hack installs. I believe it takes 2 hard resets to completely wipe the device.

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
    I installed the hack, but no change... only seeing Edge here. I didn't see HSDPA enabled on any splash screen either, should I be seeing that?

I'm assuming that I don't have HSDPA coverage in my area... I ran the .cab file and confirmed that both files are where they should be and did two soft resets.