Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    If the cab installed successfully, that's all you need to do (aside from rebooting). The purpose of the cab file is to automate the installation of software so the end user doesn't have to worry about where to put files and deal with 'access denied' and all the other errors people have been getting.
    So the file in the startup should just be a shortcut file pointing to the .exe in the windows directory? That is what I have now but still running 200-400 kbps.
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371 View Post
    So the file in the startup should just be a shortcut file pointing to the .exe in the windows directory? That is what I have now but still running 200-400 kbps.
    It should be the file INCLUDED IN THE ZIP, do not make your own shorcut
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Yes, there should be a shortcut (which points to the exe file in the /Windows directory) in the startup folder. I can't tell you why you don't have the HSDPA speeds, but it sounds like there have been several reports that it takes a while to kick in. I don't have a 750 to test with (yet) so I'm just trying to help out

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
    Thanks for making this for us!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
    Yes, there should be a shortcut (which points to the exe file in the /Windows directory) in the startup folder. I can't tell you why you don't have the HSDPA speeds, but it sounds like there have been several reports that it takes a while to kick in. I don't have a 750 to test with (yet) so I'm just trying to help out
    The shorcut provided in the original .cab has an extra command at the end, so a generic "shortcut to sethsdpa.exe" will not work correctly. Thats why I asked if you made the shorcut yourself or used the exact file that was in the original cab
    I copied the shortcut from the zip file but got access denied when copying the .exe file so I then ran your cab file. That's all I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371 View Post
    I copied the shortcut from the zip file but got access denied when copying the .exe file so I then ran your cab file. That's all I did.
    And the cab isn't working?

If this cab is confirmed I am going to ask a moderator to change the original post to include it. Again, great job Umprey! I just made my own cab to try it out, easy enough, I will post my results when I install.
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    And the cab isn't working?

If this cab is confirmed I am going to ask a moderator to change the original post to include it. Again, great job Urprey! I just made my own cab to try it out, easy enough, I will post my results when I install.
    Ok - got it. Guys, I'm sorry but I think the shortcut file I included wasn't the correct one. I just edited my post to include a new cab file with the ORIGINAL shortcut from the first post. If you've already installed the cab file, simply uninstall it by going to settings/system/remove programs and select it. Sorry for my confusion on this, and thanks to Littlepat for pointing out this issue.

Please let me know if this allows you to see HSDPA speeds after a reboot.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
    Did you try the cab file I attached in the post above yours? Download it to your phone, unzip it, and run the cab file. It will do everything for you.
    ok, I'm still confused. I haven't used WM in years. So, I downloaded your zip file, unzipped it on my desktop and then I copy that cab file to my personal folder, and sync it. Now what do I do next? It looks like that cab file is a rar archive right?
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    In file explorer on your Treo, click on the cab file to install it, then reboot.

but here is my confusion. Which one is the cab file? The one that shows as a rar archive on my computer? The one in my personal folder on my treo is named Treo750HSDPhackv2.cab. But when I double click it there, it gives me " there is no application associated......"
    never mind. I got it, google is my friend
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub View Post
    but here is my confusion. Which one is the cab file? The one that shows as a rar archive on my computer? The one in my personal folder on my treo is named Treo750HSDPhackv2.cab. But when I double click it there, it gives me " there is no application associated......"
    Yeah, if winrar is installed the icons for zip and cab are the same. Big PITA, you have to check properties to find out which one is which.

Now that you figured it out, let us know if it is working
    This is great. My speed went from 325kbs to 791kbs in fort worth, tx
    875kbs in Chicago
    .cab worked for me 936 kps Worked in 5 minutes after install and 2 soft resets. Also just to confirm if I unstall the cab it will remove the files?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowboarder View Post
    .cab worked for me 936 kps Worked in 5 minutes after install and 2 soft resets. Also just to confirm if I unstall the cab it will remove the files?

Thanks
    NICE!

Yes, it will uninstall the files, and you will no longer get HSDPA speeds
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Woohoo! Glad it's finally working for you guys

I love HSDPA speeds on my 8525-just got 855kbps with 1 bar of signal in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

I guess I'll be checking ebay for a 750 tonight...

Just clocked in a 957 in NW Washington DC. WIll attach a screen shot later THanks again.