Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    I recently purchased a plam 750 from cingular and I am trying to follow the steps,but I am unable to copy the exe file to my windows directoy. I tried to copy to the Card and it would not work either. I also trie to unzip it, from the deivce into the directory and that did not work either.

Any ideas ?
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Did you try the cab file I attached in the post above yours? Download it to your phone, unzip it, and run the cab file. It will do everything for you.

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
    Ok thanks so I just runt he cab file ? Is there a specific location I need to run it from ? Also I am assuming I need the other program to turn it on as well.

Thanks for your help and time
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
    I didn't see where anyone has posted a cab file for this hack, so I put one together. I don't own a Treo anymore, but I did touch a 750 the other day

It simply contains the SetHSDPA.exe and the link to it, and places them in the correct folders. Hopefully this will help those of you who are having problems when copying the files over manually.

I had to zip it so the board would accept the attachment. Let me know if it works for you, and props to the original poster for this nice find!
    Awesome AWESOME job! If I knew how to make cabs I would have a long time ago. You da man!

Can someone now verify that the .cab works? Remember to reset the phone first
    here's screenshots of my 750's speed

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2007/01/ci...very-fast.html
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 01/17/2007 at 11:01 AM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Just wanted to let everyone know that the hack finally kicked in here in San Antonio. For some reason, it took almost a day to start working after my 2nd reset. Now getting anywhere from 750-900k!!
    Is the hack supposed to put the .lnk file in windows/startup or just in the windows directory? I ran the hack, but I didn't get anything in the startup directory.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    cab does not work. "not intended for this device"
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371 View Post
    cab does not work. "not intended for this device"
    I got the same message ?????????
    Anyone know how to copy the SetHSDPA.exe to the 750. I keep getting access denied.
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Thanks for the feedack. I'll fix it later today

[edit]I found a couple minutes to fix. LMK if you still see the issue [/edit]
    Last edited by URPREY; 01/17/2007 at 12:05 PM.

Was there a new update to the .cab file ? If so where is it located ?
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pugnut View Post
    Was there a new update to the .cab file ? If so where is it located ?
    I edited the zip file in my post...

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Awesome AWESOME job! If I knew how to make cabs I would have a long time ago. You da man!

Can someone now verify that the .cab works? Remember to reset the phone first
    WinCE Cab Manager is what I'm using. I'm no expert, but it's pretty intuitive to use.

It says it was succesful, rebooted still getting UMTS speeds. Live in San Fran.
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
    WinCE Cab Manager is what I'm using. I'm no expert, but it's pretty intuitive to use.
    DID YOU USE THE SHORCUT PROVIDED IN THE ORIGINAL ZIP OR DID YOU MAKE YOUR OWN? sorry for the caps, working...
    I did verify the shortcut is in the startup and the .exe is in the windows dir on the 750
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    DID YOU USE THE SHORCUT PROVIDED IN THE ORIGINAL ZIP OR DID YOU MAKE YOUR OWN? sorry for the caps, working...
    In WinCE cab manager, you can specify the files and shortcuts you want to install, and their specific (or relative i.e. %Windows%) locations. I took the SetHSDPA.exe file from the first post and specified it to go to /Windows, and a shortcut loaded in /Windows/Startup to reference /Windows/SetHSDPA.exe

PM me if you need any more info and I'd be happy to help. If you can't find the software LMK.

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371 View Post
    I did verify the shortcut is in the startup and the .exe is in the windows dir on the 750
    Good that it was successful. Try powering off the radio and leave it off for a few minutes, then power back on. I've seen reports on here that it's sometimes taking a day for the hack to "kick in" which could have to do with the phone's registration with the tower.

Firstly thanks for you help here, really appreciated. I have the cab installed and was still wondering if the other program still needed to be installed. I am assuming that it does.

Regards