1.    #1  
    Hi all

Firstly let me just say I'm a proud owner of a new Treo 750v. Being my first Windows Mobile device (came from Symbian S60 smartphone) its been a bit of a learning process but so far I'm liking this new phone/pda.

One thing which escapes me at the moment is that after I online to check emails or use PIE the 3G data connection doesn't seem to automatically disconnect. Not really a big deal since I can close it manually but here's my question....

.....so far I've not found a way to close the connection without having to resort to using the stylus or a finger. Is there a way to close the 3G data connection (the U + arrows symbol at the top of the Today screen) using just the keyboard?

Sorry for asking such a basic question but then again got to start somewhere

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers
    Kav
    AE Buttons Plus (http://ae.inc.ru/aebplus.php) has an actions menu that you can link to a button combo (say triple-click, or hold) that perform "Close Dialup Connections" action.
    Pretty neat. I use it a lot to quickly re-connect to UTMS/GPRS when PIE is not responsive.
  3.    #3  
    ixtab

Thanks very much. Just what I was looking for!
    quick question to all, if you forget to disconnect the data connection after surfing, email, chat, etc..., am I gonna be charged for the date connection even though I'm not using it?

thanks
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treozine View Post
    quick question to all, if you forget to disconnect the data connection after surfing, email, chat, etc..., am I gonna be charged for the date connection even though I'm not using it?

thanks
    Maybe I am wrong but I regret that will depend on your carrier. For example, Vodafone in Spain keeps on charging you (that happened with the Treo 650, I have not seen any invoice yet with the 750v)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amstel View Post
    Maybe I am wrong but I regret that will depend on your carrier. For example, Vodafone in Spain keeps on charging you (that happened with the Treo 650, I have not seen any invoice yet with the 750v)
    geezzz!! I'm with Cingular, so I'll just have to wait on my bill then!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amstel View Post
    Charging you for what? If the data connection is active but idle (not actively transmitting anything), then there's virtually no data being transmitted, except enough to keep the connection alive.

Treozine, I don't think it's anything to worry about...however having 3G and not an unlimited data plan (at least in the US) is dangerous
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Charging you for what? If the data connection is active but idle (not actively transmitting anything), then there's virtually no data being transmitted, except enough to keep the connection alive.

Treozine, I don't think it's anything to worry about...however having 3G and not an unlimited data plan (at least in the US) is dangerous
    I really can't tell, but in the invoices I got from the Treo 650, there was traffic every hour at an exact time. I solved this issue by closing the connection right after checking the email, but I am leaving the 750v connected just to find out. I'll let you know.