Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I have a very specific issue with the sms threading that I am wondering if anyone else has.

Yesterday I was having problems with my handsfree bluetooth. The phone would ring but the phone would not wake up. I did a hard reset on the phone and then installed each program one by one. When I got the the sms thread program the problem was there again. I verified that I installed each file properly and did several hard resets but I continued to have the problem.

The use the Uconnect system that comes with Chrysler cars. One thng i should have tried was my other car (bluetooth by Landrover) but I neglected to do that.

hopefully this thread might source some bugs to so we can alert the developer. the sms threading is just plain amazing. its a shame they didnt include this with the phone as a standard feature.
    I think the issues are more from the sms patch from palm than the app that hannip made. there is a big thread on this here on TC somewhere.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    that's what I thought. I installed the sms patch from palm without a problem......
    how long did you run it before you installed the threaded sms app?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I have the sms patch in now. No crashes so far or soft resets. as soon as the sms thread went on the problem started.

maybe the two programs don't work well together.

Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    how long did you run it before you installed the threaded sms app?
    Quote Originally Posted by evperry View Post

maybe the two programs don't work well together.
    not to say that a few didn't have a problem or two, but most of the problems were do to them not coping all 13 of the files when putting them into the windows folder, or not removing the poutlook file from the windows start up folder.

there are hundreds of us all using these two (threaded sms app w/ patch) and have no problems. i have heard of a few problems with bluetooth after installing the sms patch link here. most were fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling, and softresets.

none of the problems with the threaded sms app were with bluetooth. not to say that you couldn't be the 1st.

sorry i couldn't help more. we'll just leave this post open for hannip and the others.

cody
    I get periodic bluetooth hangs since the Palm patch was installed. It could very well be a conflict between the Palm Messaging app and the sms patch.

What I did to fix this was to hard reset and restore from a backup prior to the sms patch with Palm Messaging and then reapply the sms patch. Then once I had everything working perfectly I made a backup. I had another bt hang the other day and did a quick hard reset and restore of my working backup and all was good again. It's inconvenient for sure.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    it could be my bluetooth handfree (uconnect) that's causing thw problem. I tried the 8525 and that didn't agree with the uconnect.

if I get the problem again then i'll know its not the sms threading.

how do I backup my system right now as it is so if I hard reset it I don't have to install eac individual program. I want to play with it to try to make it function well together. I really want to get the sms thread working. its just a hassle to keep doing all these hard resets.
    try this . it's got a free trial. you can creat 5 restore points and then the trial expires.

or sprite backup, which is on your treo cd. it is free but some prefer spb.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    ok...problem happened again so its not the sms treading. im gonna try a soft reset to see if this fixes the problem.
    Yep, Sprite Backup will get your data backed up, incase you mess up your palm, besides it is free.

And if you want to only backup some sms and contact , try Jeyo companion, its good too.
    hard reset
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    this is gonna be tough to figure out. the only programs i have installed are yahoo to go, sms patch, and sms threading........

im gonna try everything except the patch.

do you guys know what carriers were affected before you did the sms patch?
    verizon and tmobile never received. sprint to sprint would get what we called 1/2 hell with messages over like 130 characters. I would say just hard reset and start over. you are having problems that most of use aren't. plus there were issues with the bluetooth drop since the very beginning.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    ok.....i wonder should I hard rest and then install the sms patch first?

so i guess i must use the sms patch no matter what?

what are the exact problems related to the "bluetooth drop"?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    verizon and tmobile never received. sprint to sprint would get what we called 1/2 hell with messages over like 130 characters. I would say just hard reset and start over. you are having problems that most of use aren't. plus there were issues with the bluetooth drop since the very beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by evperry View Post
    ok.....i wonder should I hard rest and then install the sms patch first?

so i guess i must use the sms patch no matter what?

what are the exact problems related to the "bluetooth drop"?

thanks.
    For me I get a hang sometimes (rarely) when I enable bluetooth. Hasn't happened in a while now. It started happening to me after I installed the Palm sms patch.

The bluetooth drop is another issue unrelated to the patch. The Treo will occasionally turn off bluetooth for no apparent reason randomly. There are a few threads that discuss that issue.